Home

Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1
Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

Once again i havent seen the ball for the whole 3rd quarter...They should tone it down... Has any one else had an obscene amount of time chewed on them due to this feature?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

yea it sucks but not when your the team trying to chew the clock. Plus, if it annoys you then try to have a lead in the 3rd quarter so you don't have to worry about it
Old 01-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

it's no different than if the other team just waits until 1-2 seconds before they snap it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's no different than if the other team just waits until 1-2 seconds before they snap it.
what? I believe the feature he is talking about makes the clock wind down rapidly around 10-15 seconds as the QB is walking up to the LOS. I agree with him that it is really annoying. While it could be looked at as 'realism' its really not considering the fact the quarters are 5 minutes long, not 15.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1

well to be honest ... when i got my internet back ive been playing a lot again and it seems everyone is using a multiple playbook or THE multiple playbook generic.. and 90% of the time on their first possession of the game i see the clock run down to 11 out of the huddle.Now all bs aside my defense hasnt been strong it seems my real world football sense means nothing but whatever . but in relative terms there is a 2 4 and even 8 minute offense IRL but ive NEVER seen a team have the ball for a WHole quarter on one possession.seriously when your team is trying to chew the clock you run and punt nothing fancy alot of dives and isos not sweeps what im getting at is there should be disadvantages for choosing conservative in a situation that doesnt call for it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone else hate the Chew clock feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw-Cane
well to be honest ... when i got my internet back ive been playing a lot again and it seems everyone is using a multiple playbook or THE multiple playbook generic.. and 90% of the time on their first possession of the game i see the clock run down to 11 out of the huddle.Now all bs aside my defense hasnt been strong it seems my real world football sense means nothing but whatever . but in relative terms there is a 2 4 and even 8 minute offense IRL but ive NEVER seen a team have the ball for a WHole quarter on one possession.seriously when your team is trying to chew the clock you run and punt nothing fancy alot of dives and isos not sweeps what im getting at is there should be disadvantages for choosing conservative in a situation that doesnt call for it...
QFT
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingGreen710
what? I believe the feature he is talking about makes the clock wind down rapidly around 10-15 seconds as the QB is walking up to the LOS. I agree with him that it is really annoying. While it could be looked at as 'realism' its really not considering the fact the quarters are 5 minutes long, not 15.
It's the same thing if your opponent wants to run the clock down. The only difference is you don't have to wait the extra 15 seconds or so every play. That process is sped up which makes for a much more efficient game. So the question is would you rather wait around while your opponent lets the clock run down or would you rather the use the conservative clock management and not have to wait. Personally, I'd chose the latter.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingGreen710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It's the same thing if your opponent wants to run the clock down. The only difference is you don't have to wait the extra 15 seconds or so every play. That process is sped up which makes for a much more efficient game. So the question is would you rather wait around while your opponent lets the clock run down or would you rather the use the conservative clock management and not have to wait. Personally, I'd chose the latter.
this. it's the exact same thing if your opponent does not use chew clock and just waits until 1-2 second on the play clock to snap the ball. it doesn't take more time off. it just makes those seconds go off faster.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »