Home

Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

This is a discussion on Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
How do you 40 times and weight numbers? All I see is grades?
When you're looking at all of the recruits, scroll all the way to the right and it has additional stats for 40 time, bench press, squat, and awareness. You can sort by any of those categories
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay dynasty vets, ready for another tip from your fellow dynasteer? This will be a long explanation and I will try to make it as a simple and understandable as possible so please bear with me.

If you read my original post you know that I love building teams from the ground up, do sim dynasty only, and I just play online with another friend of mine on heisman recruiting. While I'm currently in year 4 of my Washington St. dynasty (remember from original post) this is actually the 2nd dynasty that I'm doing. Me and my friend were in the 18th year of another dynasty when we decided to start over. I was Kentucky and he was Miss St.

Now about halfway through that dynasty is when I figured out the trick with DE's and OLB's but I was still struggling to make bowl games. How does this affect recruiting? Simple you will never get out of your 3 star rut if you don't win games. There is no trick to landing the 4 and 5 star players, you have to win games. Simple as that. The question becomes how can I get good enough to win more games?

Have you ever noticed (this goes out to all the 2-3* program builders out there) that no matter what playbook you use your offense is for the most part ineffective and by the end of the season you only broke 20 points in maybe 4 games? I was in that same situation. So what did I do? I said hey I'm changing to WVU playbook and I'm just going to ramp my aggressiveness all the way up. I MEAN ALL THE WAY UP. Max it out at 85. Had my run/pass at 65 favoring the pass and said "hey I'll see what happens." What happened?

Well for the next 6 years I made 5 bowl games and actually won the SEC East one year and went 4-2 against the Gators in that time period. Some years I was winning 9-10 games but most importantly.......I RARELY was held under 400 yards of offense. My offense was humming! I broke 600 yards at least 4 times a season. What did this do to my recruiting? Well not only was I getting those diamond in the rough players I talked about, but now in the preseason I would have around 15 4* players interested in my school and was landing about 4 a year. Not bad for the Kentucky Wildcats.

So in my Washington St. Dynasty what did I do? Well I have been using the Houston Cougars playbook run/pass is on 65 favoring pass and as for aggressiveness......you guessed it...maxed out again! I have gone 6-6, 7-5, and 6-6 and made a bowl game all 3 years. Keep in mind this is washington st.

Will this (maxing out aggressiveness) work for every playbook? Well my friend has tried doing it with option offenses and it hasn't worked so it seems like you can't use an option or flexbone offense. All others and it just might work. No guarantees though so if you are struggling to score, what do you have to lose?

Some things to note:

- This aggressive offense will only work with smart QB's. Like I said in the OP you MUST recruit aware QB's. What I do is go to all players every preseason, go to QBs, sort by awareness and go after some of the more aware QB's and must be a minimum C awareness. And of course the higher the grade, the better the QB. Need proof? This last season with Washington St. I had a 2* juco QB (his senior year though) who was only a 62 overall. Awareness was 97 though. He just finished the season with 31 TD's 7 INT's and averaged over 300 yds passing a game. (Only went 6-6 because we have trouble stopping people) Like I said before land at least one smart QB every season!

- If you have DE's or OLB's needs please follow the advice I gave in the OP from the beginning of the recruiting season. DO NOT grab 3* DE's or OLB's who are interested in your school but don't meet the criteria I have outlined. Those filler players will always be there late in the year, if you can't land any of the one's I outlined go after those other guys just so you don't get any walkon's. Just as a point of reference last season I picked up three 3* DE's. Their ratings? One was an 83, another a 76, and another a 75. The year before I got one and he was a 74. This stuff works people, if you aren't using the science you are doing it wrong.

Well that's all for now, if I find anything new I'll update at another time and/or I'll just share more of my knowledge of this dynasty machine.

P.S. I'm 4-0 in year 4 of this Washington St. dynasty. Aggressiveness is key.......
Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
Banned

I CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS STUFF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

That doesn't make any sense at all but I guess it can't hurt to try it. I honestly think you are suffering from the placebo effect of editing those settings.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

NICE TIPS....

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
That doesn't make any sense at all but I guess it can't hurt to try it. I honestly think you are suffering from the placebo effect of editing those settings.
What are you referring to, I don't see any mention of editing any settings?
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
When you're looking at all of the recruits, scroll all the way to the right and it has additional stats for 40 time, bench press, squat, and awareness. You can sort by any of those categories
I'm going to have to try this. I've never noticed it before. What a time saver.

As for recruiting tips:
I've used the 'compare against another school' with good success when recruiting a guy who has the other school(s) and mine even in his top 3. I use it heavily during late in-season and off-season recruiting. But I only use it if I have a letter grade or more difference then the other school.

Something else that keeps recruiting fresh for me is to only recruit guys who fit my system and have desired height/weight. For instance, I will not recruit a QB shorter then 6'2". I don't care what star-rating he is or if I'm in his top schools. I'm looking for pocket passers or balanced. I've passed on interested 4-stars who didn't fit my criteria in favor of 3 and 2 stars who did.

I also recruit primarily within my pipelines and pass on other states, unless I'm in the recruit's top 3. Although, in my UNC dynasty, I'm trying to establish PA as a pipeline. So I'm loading up on PA guys that fit my system, even 1-2 stars. Just trying to get my foot in the door.

Something else I think I've noticed. If you get a x2 bonus, you should only sell or ask about a pitch...or skip to a new one. I don't think you get a x2 bonus if you do anything else, like make a promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
Something else I think I've noticed. If you get a x2 bonus, you should only sell or ask about a pitch...or skip to a new one. I don't think you get a x2 bonus if you do anything else, like make a promise.
Correct. You get the x2 even with Compare pitch (your points), but not with a promise, visit or scholarship offer. It has been advocated here in recruiting threads to never offer scholarship or visit date in a call w/ a x2 bonus. Unless you have to (sometimes the visit offer can't, even shouldn't be passed up), the points you'd lose aren't worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »