Home

Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

This is a discussion on Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #33
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

I love building the small schools up as well, and you have to win games to be able to score 4 stars, and you have to win A LOT of games to have a chance at 5 stars. great advice from others in the thread

I try to keep my board around 20-22 recruits. I've had good success with recruiting athletes, especially for the defensive side of the ball. A number of 3 star athletes can come in as 70+ rated players. I've noticed it works well for DE, LB, and S, but I haven't had very good results with athletes on the offensive side. My first 2 seasons I scored only one 4 star and everyone else was 2 and 3 stars.

I have 2 user controlled teams in an offline dynasty. Both started as 2 star teams, through 3 seasons I have played in 5 bowl games including one loss in the title game and one other bcs game. In year 4 I'm halfway through and both teams are undefeated. Now I'm finally starting to be able to get 4 stars, but no 5 stars yet.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

I just started over using ULM and trying to run a spread option offense with Oregon's playbook and got a huge reminder of how great athletes can be. I signed a 2 star athlete my first year who was rated like 48 overall as an athlete but 67 as a QB and with 81 speed and 79 acceleration he should be mobile enough to make my offense work pretty well for the next few years.

I actually signed 5 athletes and as athletes he had the highest of the overalls, they ranged from 48 to 40, but only I of them ended up being below 50 overall after their position change and him and 2 others were over 60 which for a 1 star school is huge. 3 were 2 star athletes and 2 were 1 stars.

I ended up with that 67 overall QB, a 63 overall DE who is suprisingly not tiny for the position although is not big either at 6'2" 243 and has mid 70s finnesse moves and 73 speed/81 acceleration. Also, he rated out decent as a TE and therefore does not have DE hands and I like running a lot of zone blitzes that end up dropping an occasional lineman in coverage so hopefully he can make a pick or two if a throw hits him in the hands. Also, I got a 62 overall WR who was also a 58 as a RB with decent vision and break tackle so hopefully he can work out well on reverses, screens, and other areas where a broken tackle or two can turn an easy play into a huge gain.

I also ended up with a 54 overall RB who will plobably not make an impact and a guy who's highest rated position was a 41 so I cut him but overall the athletes in that class will make the class capable of really helping the dynasty
Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #35
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
When you're looking at all of the recruits, scroll all the way to the right and it has additional stats for 40 time, bench press, squat, and awareness. You can sort by any of those categories
I know I'm way behind in this thread but this helped me the most. I had no idea I could scroll all the way over to look.. I now see out of all the recruits there is only 1 guy with A awareness...guess what? He's a 1 star recruit! I could have got an extremely aware Safety, next season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #36
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

Recruiting is difficult on this game.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #37
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
Recruiting is difficult on this game.
I'm starting not to look at the caliber...

If you go look at their graded stats that seems to be better because caliber doesn't matter. Last season I was ranked 50th in the country or something in recruiting (1 4 star, 10 3 star, 14 2 star). But I also ended up getting to cut a lot of seniors as the freshman came in way better. It's nice to look off of, but its definitely not perfect.

P.S. There was the #1 recruit WR that didn't even sign with anyone?! WTF?!?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Caliber is not the end all be all but it is like the "soft cap" for overall rating. If you are getting a 5* player regardless of position he most likely won't be any lower than a 75ovr. Now a 4 or 3* player that is faster,strong,more awr etc may be better on the field but unless he is a juco he most likely will not be rated higher than that 5* player. So caliber is important but it's not the only thing you should be looking at. Caliber of your school matters more than anything. I don't care how much of a recruiting guru you are, you aren't going to be pulling 5* recruits with a 1* team lol. In my OD I finished in the bottom 35% of recruiting classes each year until I worked my way up to 6* and now I finish in the top 5 every year.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #39
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Caliber is not the end all be all but it is like the "soft cap" for overall rating. If you are getting a 5* player regardless of position he most likely won't be any lower than a 75ovr. Now a 4 or 3* player that is faster,strong,more awr etc may be better on the field but unless he is a juco he most likely will not be rated higher than that 5* player. So caliber is important but it's not the only thing you should be looking at. Caliber of your school matters more than anything. I don't care how much of a recruiting guru you are, you aren't going to be pulling 5* recruits with a 1* team lol. In my OD I finished in the bottom 35% of recruiting classes each year until I worked my way up to 6* and now I finish in the top 5 every year.
yeah... and we all know that "overall" doesn't mean much. You can find good 3* recruits that are high 60 overalls that will fit perfectly into your system of however you play, you just have to take the time to look for them.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
yeah... and we all know that "overall" doesn't mean much. You can find good 3* recruits that are high 60 overalls that will fit perfectly into your system of however you play, you just have to take the time to look for them.
With most positions I agree with your but in others like Oline and QB overall does matter. You aren't going to find a 3*Freshman Olineman with B+ Pass/Run Blocking or QB with B+ thp/tha. You can get by with lower rated players in the secondary and at TE/FB though. I don't think low rated linemen fit in any system lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »