Home

What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12

This is a discussion on What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #49
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
I believe that you play dynasty "alot," but if that is the case, you should know how important a carousel is. Maybe you don't play too far into it, say 2020. By the time you hit 2015, things start to get pretty screwy. Most teams will start to slide into the B- overall area, Penn State will always have A+ Coach Experience and A+ Coach Prestige. Joe Pa is still roaming the sidelines in 2025 -- at age 99!

Yes, there are game play issues that desperately need to be tuned/overhauled, but the CC is a HUGE need. Knowing that you have to play as a B1G Ten/SEC/Pac-10 school in order to compete for national titles is ridiculous. Knowing that Bama, Penn State and Texas are going to out-recruit everyone, every year is ridiculous. Knowing that going undefeated is meaningless because there are 5 teams doing the same year after year is ridiculous. A carousel, implemented correctly (with assistants, grades that have an impact on OFF, DEF, ST and teaching, and the ability to raise a program or make it fall off the ladder) would help Dynasty almost as much as improved game play.
That's true I don't play that deep in to it. Most of the time I just play online, and every OD I get in never last. I can see how it is really needed..... I still would pick gameplay over that though lol :-)
Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

They need to rework the gameplay somehow. I agree with what everyone is saying that ratings are sort of worthless sometimes. I don't know how many times I've had a low rated DT just blow up my gaurd who is rated in the low 90's. I'm fine with him getting beat a time or two but not every other play. Also to go with the ratings, I usually have a Qb who has around 85 speed and he is always getting ran down by a slow dlineman. I will pull the ball down and hold the sprint button trying to scramble but no I get ran down from behind by a guy that has like 72 speed. To go along with the speed problem when I go to recruit a guy that ran a 4.3 forty but his acceleration is only like 72, thats utter BS, in order to run a really fast forty you have to have great acceleration. Acceleration can still matter for the midrange speed guys like if they ran a 4.5 or 4.6 maybe they get upto speed really fast but their top end is just not elite.

Something has to happen with the AI of the computer players even the CPU players on my team. It's amazing at some of the crap the CPU can pull off. I was play GA tech one game and in OT they were down 7 and it was like 4th and 18 or so. Well I got pressure and the Qb started to scramble backwards and all of a sudden he stops dead in his tracks and throws a bullet to a recevier that was no way in hell possible to see as he was on the opposite side and the Qb was facing the wrong way. Well he hit him in stride for the TD and they ended up getting a miracle pass for 2 and won the game in the next OT. Just stuff like that is not acceptable.

They need to get the zone coverage fixed. I don't know how many times I have dropped 8 guys back in coverage and still got some pressure and they will just tear it apart all game long. The same thing can be said for PA pass, I will run the ball and run and run and run and as soon as I try a PA it's like the CPU knows thats the play I'm running so they just send the house and get a easy sack everytime.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 34

No problems wiwth seeing my stud DEs and DTs wreck havoc.

I suspect that those who are, are playing on Heisman.

Overall, this game so dang fun.

Knowing EA, the like themes, and seeing the success of the high octane Oregon and Auburn spread, and Cam Newton..i expect them to focus on down-hill shotgun running, and improving the zone read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've always hated how the CPU players get a boost to physical attributes on harder difficulties. I know they do it because they need to do something to help the AI compete those who play on Heisman, but it still sucks.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #53
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
No problems wiwth seeing my stud DEs and DTs wreck havoc.

I suspect that those who are, are playing on Heisman.

Overall, this game so dang fun.

Knowing EA, the like themes, and seeing the success of the high octane Oregon and Auburn spread, and Cam Newton..i expect them to focus on down-hill shotgun running, and improving the zone read.

Pretty darn stupid we had to pray a certain team wins the title or EA won't focus on that aspect.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #54
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

college atmosphere and dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »