Home

Dynasty Idea: National Signing Day

This is a discussion on Dynasty Idea: National Signing Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Dynasty Idea: National Signing Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I was working on a similar post. I obviously like the idea.

Recruiting should be it's own game within the game.

For those of you who have played Head Coach, I think my favorite feature from the game was the random Schefter updates on draft prospects. He would give hints as to which guys may be studs and which guys may be busts. I would LOVE a similar feature where they have updates throughout the recruiting process on the top recruits. Maybe have Kirk, Erin, or anyone else at ESPN to do it.
Recruiting is as important as the games in a dynasty mode. If people out there think it should be a small part of the game or takes up to much time then play another game. College football is all about recruiting. The more depth and more like the real life thing we can get the better. A National Signing Day feature would only add to the process. No one is asking for a ton of players making decisions because that is not how it works in real life. We get a few of the top recruits who have yet to verbal making a selection. While a lot of kids verbal before NSD there are always a small handful that wait so they can be on TV and see how things pan out.

They could use E.A. to give us updates during the season since she is in the game already. I like the use of the same feature from Head Coach. I would also like to have the chance to sway a recruit right up to the end. In real life just because a kid verbals does not mean the coaches/recruiting coordinator stops calling. They have to stay in contact or they lose the kid. In the game once a recruit "hard commits" then that is it. It is like the kid signs his NLI which can't happen until NSD which starts signing period for college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »