Home

which CB should I start

This is a discussion on which CB should I start within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: which CB should I start

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
I think he's looking for the one to be matched against the number 1 WR.

On that note, if the opposing WR is a 99, as I think you said, it would be beneficial to have a little more of his ratings. If he's got great speed, I would start the faster guy. If he has good release, try to counter that. If he has a great leap start the guy with better jumping ability. And then, you have to factor in your D. If you run press, then start the press guy, if you run zone, start the other one. And always, you can do the trial and error method by trying both in game.

I was figuring he already had one corner spot filled and was just looking at who to start opposite him.

Personally I adjust my playcalling to my DBs more than my DBs to my playcalling. Also, if this is just for your cb2 spot then I would want to know what I was working with opposite him and what I had for safeties and how those safeties were being used.

For instance in my current dynasty my free safety was an athlete who would have been every bit as good at corner as at safety. He has great coverage skills and athleticism and decent hands so I use him to cover deep on a lot of plays with him covering a WR in man on occasion on a blitz.

Therefor if I was looking for a #2 corner to play that side of the field I would look at CB1. I don't mind him taking some chances at the line pressing even against a great WR because a lot of the time he will have great help(really wish I could just press on one side though). Also, if he gets stuck in man to man deep he will a lot of the time have help from someone who is good enough to probably shut down that WR on a deep route by himself.

On the other side at SS I have a much different(actually even better by overall) safety. He is once again extremely athletic but he isn't as good in coverage but is a bigtime hitter. I manually control him and don't watch the deep routes as much mostly either blitzing, supporting the run pretty heavily and therefore sometimes biting on fakes, or playing mid range zones trying to get big hits on receivers. If I am covering the deep part of the field it is because I saw someone get through and I am chasing hoping to catch up. Therefore if I am looking for a #1 corner I would lean towards CB2. While he may not make the big plays, either making plays with his awareness or taking receivers out pressing them, he has the speed and man coverage to stick with most receivers on deeper routes so I wouldn't have to worry about him getting beat as much.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: which CB should I start

I would go with CB1 since I press and blitz a lot in my scheme. Nothing worse than getting beat for a big TD when a CB misses a jam. 90+ Press will keep the WR at the line while my blitz gets there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »