Home

The CPU and Zone Defense Depth

This is a discussion on The CPU and Zone Defense Depth within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
The CPU and Zone Defense Depth

So I've played a lot of games the past 3 years on NCAA where I play offense and supersim the defense. Often times, I pick up defense at some point during the game and I've noticed that the CPU gameplan for zone coverage is ALWAYS set to Aggressive. I've seen this happen while playing with a huge variety of different teams.

Why does the CPU always set the zones to aggressive (zones are shorter, allowing for intermediate routes to be open)?

Could this be one of the reasons why 4 Verticals is so effective in the game against the CPU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The CPU and Zone Defense Depth

I was just directed by Playmaker to the correct posts in Sliders thread to adjust ALL teams' D-aggression in Coaching Philosophy section.
I was finding the same thing, that D's were blitzing 2 out of 3 plays, all rolled up to the LOS and I'd audible from planned runs to Deep Routes for too many easy scores.
When I was adjusting every team's D I'd see a few with aggression set as high as 85 while the IRL adjustment would be down at 35.
Crushed #5 Texas last night in 1st game since adjusting everything in preseason, but it was b/c I picked off 6 passes (2 pick-6's) and ran them into the ground, not via ez-beat blitzes.
Look through the Sliders thread and you'll find those adjustments as well as the ones to re-set teams' Run/Pass ratios for CPU offense.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The CPU and Zone Defense Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
I was just directed by Playmaker to the correct posts in Sliders thread to adjust ALL teams' D-aggression in Coaching Philosophy section.
I was finding the same thing, that D's were blitzing 2 out of 3 plays, all rolled up to the LOS and I'd audible from planned runs to Deep Routes for too many easy scores.
When I was adjusting every team's D I'd see a few with aggression set as high as 85 while the IRL adjustment would be down at 35.
Crushed #5 Texas last night in 1st game since adjusting everything in preseason, but it was b/c I picked off 6 passes (2 pick-6's) and ran them into the ground, not via ez-beat blitzes.
Look through the Sliders thread and you'll find those adjustments as well as the ones to re-set teams' Run/Pass ratios for CPU offense.
Yeah, I've been using the coaching sliders to eliminate blitzing for a while now. But I'm talking about the CPU changing their in game gamplanning option for zone depth. When I take over the defense and check the gameplanning options, every single one is set to Normal except zone depth which is set to "Aggressive."

This still happens even when the team's Aggressiveness is set to 15 in the Coaching Philosophy section.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »