Home

Just Wondering......

This is a discussion on Just Wondering...... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Just Wondering......

As far as I'm concerned, let them wait until they start releasing information. The later they tell us stuff, the shorter I can get hyped, meaning less time waiting when I really want the game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #10
Banned

Rotax's Arena

OVR: 3

Ncaa will put in a feature they took out a couple years ago and market it as new.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax
Ncaa will put in a feature they took out a couple years ago and market it as new.
That's fine with me. I miss some of the older features (ex. seeing where your pick ended up, option to have a tourney at the end of a season (yes they had this once) )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Ummm, So I take it that there is no NCAA news since you guys are actually talking about the Madden news?
Lol. Completely strayed off of the subject at hand. Actually, I was wondering the same thing. I thought we would have had info by now.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

I had asked one of the guys working with the NCAA team this simple question,

"Are we going to get NCAA 11 rehashed with some simple visual upgrades and fixes to stuff that had issues in NCAA 11?"

Of course I never got a response back!!!

Don't expect too much because it's been said time again, this game engine is pretty much maxed out to what they can do.

As usual, the young-bucks will get excited about some still photo that's released or talk about hair and facemask that make it in etc...., but nothing of a "WOW" nature.

For all the characters that keep saying it's way too early, anything that would be considered a major change will be too late to implement.
Let's see: March,April,May,June
-June = too late to make any changes to game because of July release.
-May = tuning/adjusting their coding here and there, nothing major though.
-April = Marketing rollout of game, what's in has already been decided.
-March = Can't compete with March Madness for marketing time.

So in reality, it's not too early. Especially since there has been "ZERO" communication with the community as of now Feb 7, 2011.

All the remedies and suggestions for gameplay fixes through extensive testing.
Responses from Dev's about utilizing this info to make the game better, ZERO!

All the wish list about features that are years old or are included in other sports games, ZERO feedback!

Releasing Tuners that did more damage than good. Feedback from Dev's to the community, ZERO!
wasn't tuners supposed to be the New thing to help streamline fixes to the game easier and faster?
Another feature that got implemented, then fell off the map!

When you hear this "What we've done is ....", just know things were decided/concluded before the time we were told it's way too early.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #14
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

You're completely mistaking the part about people saying it's too early. It's not too early for devs to talk TO us about what we want, or give us another questionnaire or survey like they did last year. Personally, I'm saying it's too early to want to hear about ALREADY CONFIRMED features (such as a dynasty blog), because it'll build up the hype too early. I'd rather wait until a month before release for anything major, and nothing until about 2 months before release for pictures/videos, because why get hyped up 5 months before release? There's a difference between asking us what we want and releasing information. HUGE difference, man.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You're completely mistaking the part about people saying it's too early. It's not too early for devs to talk TO us about what we want, or give us another questionnaire or survey like they did last year. Personally, I'm saying it's too early to want to hear about ALREADY CONFIRMED features (such as a dynasty blog), because it'll build up the hype too early. I'd rather wait until a month before release for anything major, and nothing until about 2 months before release for pictures/videos, because why get hyped up 5 months before release? There's a difference between asking us what we want and releasing information. HUGE difference, man.
Well there are more important things in life to get Hyped for than a video game, so I couldn't call it on that one.

I think if you select one of the many threads with complaints about the game and ask any one of those individuals if they would rather know what of prior issues have been address right now, compared to 2 months before release, I would say most if not all would rather know what's going on now.

Especially since there has been ZERO feedback with gamers who are putting in hours to fix what there Tuners have broken. The community was left high and dry on this one.

But if getting Hyped is what folks spend $60 for, to each's-own.

And let's "Keep-it-Real", NCAA was not all that to where they can show up at the doorstep and say here ya go!!!

So there's no reason for the total silence at this point because the game has a "Long Way To Go".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Well there are more important things in life to get Hyped for than a video game, so I couldn't call it on that one.

I think if you select one of the many threads with complaints about the game and ask any one of those individuals if they would rather know what of prior issues have been address right now, compared to 2 months before release, I would say most if not all would rather know what's going on now.

Especially since there has been ZERO feedback with gamers who are putting in hours to fix what there Tuners have broken. The community was left high and dry on this one.

But if getting Hyped is what folks spend $60 for, to each's-own.

And let's "Keep-it-Real", NCAA was not all that to where they can show up at the doorstep and say here ya go!!!

So there's no reason for the total silence at this point because the game has a "Long Way To Go".
There may not be any active interaction with the developers right now, but it's been stated several times that the developers do still visit the site and read what people are saying. Just because they aren't posting right now doesn't mean the community isn't providing them with suggestions/feedback. They're looking at what the community wants (or is complaining about in many cases), determining what can be accomplished this cycle, and will let us know the features/fixes/gameplay enhancements for this year when the time is appropriate. But from a marketing/PR standpoint, it's WAY too early to be releasing any substantial information.

Believe me, I want to know how they're going to improve the gameplay this year as much as anyone (realistic player movement and better collision/player-interaction physics please), but you can't give things away too early. You have to build up the public's anticipation to release, not give it all away 5 months ahead of time and let the excitement sputter out during the long wait.

That being said, I'll bet we start getting some little nuggets of information before too much longer (maybe 3-4 weeks). It'll be interesting to see if they bring another big effort this year, or if they're content with just making a few tweaks/additions to NCAA 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »