Home

Pass Speeds and Trajectory

This is a discussion on Pass Speeds and Trajectory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Pass Speeds and Trajectory

This topic has been discussed a ton, just want to show a few examples. We need the ability to put more touch on the football and the throw that goes over the LBs and in front of the Safeties needs to be a part of the game. We've all seen the superhuman LBs for years.

Also, the overall pass speeds need to be toned down. In the first example I show, Sean Renfree from Duke (85 THP) throws a 64 YD Bullet Pass to the back corner of the end zone.

The second example is a Hail Mary thrown by Dayne Crist. The ball travels about 75 Yards in the air, and I'm pretty sure it whizzes by the Blimp on the way to the end zone.

Here is a pic of that throw; Look at how high the ball is:

Last edited by Palo20; 02-10-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Speeds and Trajectory

that 2nd one is absolutely nuts lol
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree they definitely need to work on this aspect. Every once in a while i'll throw a beautiful touch pass over a jumping linebacker but short of the safety. It only makes me want more control over the ball.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've messed up and thrown that type of balloon pass before (nothing's worse than the outside drag pattern when I mess this up).

I'll take the long bullet and balloon balls though as long as the LBs can trampoline jump. I'm offline so can't supply the replay I saved, but in my last nat'l championship game I lofted -- take note, not a bullet pass -- a ball from close to 40yds away and towards the end zone to a wide open WR running a post. A Mich. LB at the 5 yd line leapt up so high that his hips were higher than the head of the referee that was standing immediately b/h him at the goal line. The LB's feet were above the beltline of the ref. Score was still 0-0 at the time so all can imagine how irate it made me, despite knowing and expecting this type of thing from the game. So praise those 45yd bullets, is what I say!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

It would be cool for them to work on that, but defense is already so dang easy you can sling the ball around like your Joe Montana
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

That's why they need to tone down the ball speed in the air. The ball travels so fast that there's no way a DB or LB has time to break on the ball while it's in the air. That's why we have super-jumping LBs and psychic DBs that break on the route before the receiver even does anything. If anyone is capable of firing up one of the last-gen NCAAs, notice the drastic difference in ball speed and trajectory. Those games had it down perfectly.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with Qb Acc on 80 anything above 50 adds more trajectory and less ball speed. I'm also testing some other numbers.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

I feel like the first one is a good pass(could have been a lil higher in the back of the endzone) but should be a pass reserved for elite QB's. The second one is just absurd

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »