Home

Taking away scholarships

This is a discussion on Taking away scholarships within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16
Taking away scholarships

Anyone think this would be a good idea? Im NIU in my 7th year and just came off a National Championship season. Based on how the game works and my success throughout the years, i know im going to have a lot of good prospects interested in my school. sure enough i have 15 ESPNU recruits that i add to my board and then fill out the rest of my board with 4 stars. I go through the recruiting process throughout the year and am able to pull in 3 5 stars and like 7 4 stars. Most of those recruits didnt fill a need so i had to settle for 3 stars because sometimes i just couldnt pull in the recruits i needed that were 4 or 5 stars. I go into the offseason as a repeat National Champion and there are now like 12 4 and 5 star prospects that are extremely interested in my school but i only have 8 scholarships to give out during the offseason. A lot of the new prospects fill a need and are 4 stars but i had to settle for 3 star prospects during the season. I know i can pull in a lot of those new 4 star prospects but i dont have enough scholarships because during the season the 4 stars didnt want to commit but the 3 stars did. For example now i want to replace the 2 lowly ranked 3 star DTs with the 4 Star DTs that want to come but i dont have enough scholarships. I just wish i could take away those 3 star prospects scholarships to make room.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die

Last edited by pirates946; 02-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Taking away scholarships

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Anyone think this would be a good idea? Im NIU in my 7th year and just came off a National Championship season. Based on how the game works and my success throughout the years, i know im going to have a lot of good prospects interested in my school. sure enough i have 15 ESPNU recruits that i add to my board and then fill out the rest of my board with 4 stars. I go through the recruiting process throughout the year and am able to pull in 3 5 stars and like 7 4 stars. Most of those recruits didnt fill a need so i had to settle for 3 stars because sometimes i just couldnt pull in the recruits i needed that were 4 or 5 stars. I go into the offseason as a repeat National Champion and there are now like 12 4 and 5 star prospects that are extremely interested in my school but i only have 8 scholarships to give out. A lot of the new prospects fill a need and are 4 stars but i had to settle for 3 star prospects during the season. I know i can pull in a lot of those new 4 star prospects but i dont have enough scholarships because during the season the 4 stars didnt want to commit but the 3 stars did. For example now i want to replace the 2 lowly ranked 3 star DTs with the 4 Star DTs that want to come but i dont have enough scholarships. I just wish i could take away those 3 star prospects scholarships to make room.
No, you can always give out 25 scholarships. Say you keep your team at 70 players (the max). If you have 8 seniors (which you will lose no matter what), you can sign 8 recruits to replace them, AND you can sign 17 more. Once into the off-season, progress as normal and when it comes to Cut Players, well, cut the guys you don't need/want. We call it "Saban-ing" in the biz.

EDIT
Forgot to add: You still have to get down to 70 players for the next season. You may end up cutting someone you don't want to, but if the talent level on your squad is deep, there should be no worries. (Kinda like Saban cutting a RS So. so he can get that 5-star RB onto his team. OK, I'm done with the Lil' Nicky jokes...)
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
Pro

pirates946's Arena

I only have 8 scholarships LEFT to give out during the offseason. since i signed 17 during the regular season. 6 of the 17 i signed were 3 star. 6 of the new 12 4 and 5 star recruits are of the same position as the 6 3 star commits. I know i can get the 6 4 and 5 star recruits but i dont have enough scholarships, so therefore i wish i could take away a scholarship from the 3 star guy because i thougth he was the best i was going to be able to get and leave the scholarship open for the 4 star guy. I know you can give out 25 every year

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
I only have 8 scholarships LEFT to give out during the offseason. since i signed 17 during the regular season. 6 of the 17 i signed were 3 star. 6 of the new 12 4 and 5 star recruits are of the same position as the 6 3 star commits. I know i can get the 6 4 and 5 star recruits but i dont have enough scholarships, so therefore i wish i could take away a scholarship from the 3 star guy because i thougth he was the best i was going to be able to get and leave the scholarship open for the 4 star guy. I know you can give out 25 every year
Thats what recruiting is. Dont offer em, if you dont want them to commit. Slow play them.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Pro

pirates946's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Thats what recruiting is. Dont offer em, if you dont want them to commit. Slow play them.
Yeah im working on that strategy right now. Hope it works. i dont want to be expecting an influx of 4 and 5 stars during the offseason and only pull in 3...thats what i did one year, settle for the 3 or hope and land a 4 during the offseason? i hoped and got hosed

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Some cold-hearted coaches on this board! Trying to pull scholarships from innocent high school kids that have dedicated themselves to your school haha! Saban-wanna-bee's. But seriously, with all the "oversigning' going on in college football these days, we may have to ask for this to be added to dynasty recruiting somehow.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Rookie

can you not just remove the player signed from your recruiting board. i am unable to play this game atm but i thought you could do that..
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

I wish we would do this in my OD.

One guy has almost an A+ team, he has 29 guys in the 90's, 34 guys in the 80's, and 8 guys in the 70's (all redshirting freshman). He's a real good player that wins the NC every year and gets virtually every guy on the recruiting list interested in him, which means he's always bringing in 5 star guys and some 4 star. He cuts something like 15+ guys (guys who would normally start on almost any CPU team) on any given year, which waters the game down significantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »