Home

Opponents Freezing the game to avoid a loss on record

This is a discussion on Opponents Freezing the game to avoid a loss on record within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Opponents Freezing the game to avoid a loss on record

If this has been posted before, I apologize. I have played a few opponents who apparently have some way freezing our games to avoid taking a loss on their record.

What happens is once the game is decided(there is still time on the clock), the opponent pauses the game, and soon to follow is the "Please wait" message at the bottom left. The screen will then freeze causing me to have to reset the game. I do not get credit for a win, and the opponent is not credited with the loss. At first, I thought this could be a coincidence, but after having it happen 3 times, it is easy to see that something is going on.

In all three games, I have been ahead in a situation where the opponent cannot come back. Also, the opponents have records that appear to be "too good to be true." One guy was 10-0(SOONERD11) and another was 27-3. Lastly, the pause and "please wait" and then the freeze have all happened exactly the same way each time.

Is there anything to be done here? I really could care less about getting a "win" on my record, but I feel like these guys should be called out. Please share if any of you have had this happen. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Opponents Freezing the game to avoid a loss on record

It's been posted a ton of times and from the sounds of it, it's fairly common.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any way to avoid this? How are people doing this?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

Are you pressing the button to resume the game? If so, DONT.. I dont know exactly what they do but whatever it is it involves them disconnecting some way (be it going to the dashbord, etc..) so Ive found that if you dont press any buttons at all, within a minute or two the system recognizes they arent there anymore and gives you the opponent lost connection/quit screen and you can quit and count the game from there. The key is DONT PRESS ANYTHING after they pause the game. You pushing the A button to resume the game is what causes it to freeze.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

If you are playing some1 who you think might use this tactic every1 time they pause the game call a timeout. This automatically resumes the game. Hopefully they will run out of pauses either that or wait it out. I once waited 40 min to get a win lol. It was more about giving him a L than me getting a win. haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

This has happened to me twice when I was in my OD. The first time I accidentally paused the game and couldn't get back into the game, we had to restart. The second time my opponent was making a comeback and paused the game to challenge a call (which he would have won the challenge) and it messed up and we had to restart...then he crushed me in the rematch. It sometimes happens accidentally, but if it happened to you thrice in a row then yes its an exploit.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks guys. As Hiro1 said, it's more about giving people like this an L than it is me getting a W. I have definitely hit the button to resume the games, thinking this would help, so I will try not pressing anything and also try using timeouts. Hopefully one of those ways works...if not, I can always send a childish message...seems to make me feel a little bit better.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

I've had this happen to me twice lately. Once I was up by quite a bit and it froze in the 4th quarter.. the next time I was down 14 but about to score with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.

Neither time was a pause situation. Once I was on D, once on O. Nothing was the same about either time.

My opponent was able to finish against the computer in both games, but it made me look like I was doing something.
Any ideas?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »