Home

awareness

This is a discussion on awareness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

highcheese's Arena

OVR: 3
awareness

does awareness only effect when you simulate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: awareness

It all depends on who you ask.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 02-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it affects games you play too. I didn't have an opinion until this past season when I started two freshman at both safety positions. They had zone and man coverage ratings in the 80s or 90s and their play recognition was rated pretty high too so I decided to start them despite having AWR ratings in the 50s and I think I had more blown coverages by the safeties in one season than I did in my previous ten combined
Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I started the thread back when the game was released stating that when simming, for QBs, only AWR matters for the sim stats. A QB can have 99 THP, 99 THA and 50 AWR and put up terrible numbers. Another QB can have 70 THP, 70 THA and 99 AWR and dominate simmed games.

Somewhere along the way, some people here misunderstood that info and have stated that AWR ONLY affects simmed games. That is NOT the case. AWR is very much a factor in played games.

However, when simming, for QBs only, it seems that AWR is the overriding rating.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

It's always been thought that awareness was pointless in played games. It wasn't just this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Awareness will only matter to non controlled players, or simmed games.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
Awareness will only matter to non controlled players, or simmed games.
I don't profess to be an expert -- which actually might be useful in this debate -- but I have to disagree. Which means I think I'm in agreement with Palo.

Early on, when I was learning the game, stick-control, passing, etc., I noticed a distinct difference in my user-controlled QBs when using the then-starter w/ high AWR vs the back-up who was younger, with better THP/THA but much lower AWR. The back-up overthrew more receivers, and he was 'late' (slower, I guess) in delivering the ball. I think the fact that I wasn't any good allowed me to see the difference. And I don't believe this was related to any placebo effect.
I think when we get better as users, we overcome to some degree the deficiencies in our user-controlled player(s).
It's just my opinion. I'll agree that I might not see AWR affecting other players as much as QBs. I DO believe Play Recognition is the more important defensive equivalant, especially for the secondary.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

The easiest way to know if it matters is to put all your starting Offensive linemen at 99 awareness and see if they blow any blitz assignments....especially the one's with good PBF ratings

Heck do it for your RB's and FB's aswell then you'll have your answer if awareness matters...

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »