Home

Please let the game be decided in the trenches, EA.

This is a discussion on Please let the game be decided in the trenches, EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Please let the game be decided in the trenches, EA.

A superior OL should dominate every game. I'm tired of seeing 82 OVR OL consistently pancake 98 OVR stud DE's. Force us to recruit big playmaking interior linemen to help open up running lanes for our mediocre RB. If our front four are strong, then let us get some pressure with some speed rushes on the outside or some bulls up the gut which will allow us to call a creative defensive scheme. Coaches always focus on bringing in the biggest, strongest, most agile OL and DL prospects available, and that is always their #1 priority when building a team. It may sound cliche, but games are won in the trenches, EA.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Please let the game be decided in the trenches, EA.

I agree 100% V

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Also agreed.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

hear, hear.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

I coudn't agree more. I think EA may want to take some notes from APF or Backbreaker. Make the ratings mean something, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I could not agree more. The interaction between O-line & D-line have been issues for some time now. Ratings should have a much larger impact. Also improve the impact size has on the game. A 6'4" 220lb DE should not over power a 300lb tackle. If a player has the size of my DE above then he should not have a strength rating in the 90's, block shed in the 90's, and a power move in the 90's. This is an example of a player from NCAA 11 that I had on my team. I wanted to see how much of an impact he had and he was a beast. He broke every sack record in the game. Did I mention he was the #1 DE and #3 overall player from his class. He ended up by senior year as a 6'4" 226lb, 98ovr stud.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Onslaught76's Arena

OVR: 0

As a former collegiate offensive tackle, I tip my hat to you sir!!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

The biggest problem right now is that there are really only 3 outcomes whenever an offensive lineman and a defensive lineman collide into each other: 1) The DL tosses the OL to the side and has a free run at the QB/ballcarrier 2) The OL knocks the DL to the ground and essentially takes him out of the play 3) They stalemate pretty much on the exact spot where they collided.

This is why things feel so stale. Why are there not instances where a DT knocks the OG back into the backfield (into the face of the QB) but the OG is still trying to hold his block? Why are there not times when the OL knocks an inferior DL off the ball at the snap, but the D-Linemen are still chopping their feet and fighting to get off the blocks. You'll see a few of these instances in the game (sometimes when you run a stretch play you'll see linemen driving defenders toward the sideline with the defenders staying on their feet and fighting to get off the block) but not often enough. It's moments like these where the game feels so much more organic and really feels like football. However, the majority of the time we get (1) OL win, (2) DL win, (3) Stalemate outcomes that feel robotic and give the game a scripted feel. To give EA some credit it has gotten a little better over the last few years, but it's still a far cry from what it should be.

Adding in more dynamic player interactions in the trenches would give the game a much more organic feel and would allow for a greater differentiation between good lines and dominant lines. Enough with the slot-machine, predetermined outcomes. Please give us something more dynamic this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »