Home

Custom Packages

This is a discussion on Custom Packages within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
Custom Packages

I would have rather had this than Formation subs. It would have really improved the overall tactics of the game.

When you hear announcers talking about a game they say "this is their such and so PACKAGE." Because a package implies that there is a fluidity and not something so rigid that it cant be changed. I would like to have the option of having a TE slots Package where I can put two TE's in the slot whenever I want and be able to take them out at my leisure as well.

No that offenses need any more advantages but it would have worked equally well for the defense in certain situations too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Custom Packages

They had it in Madden once upon a time, not sure if NCAA ever had it. I'm also not sure if Madden has it anymore, as I haven't played it in years.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Having packages would be amazing. They did have custom packages one, not sure why they took it out.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Having packages would be amazing. They did have custom packages one, not sure why they took it out.
You coud say that about almost all of the last gen features.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
I would have rather had this than Formation subs. It would have really improved the overall tactics of the game.

When you hear announcers talking about a game they say "this is their such and so PACKAGE." Because a package implies that there is a fluidity and not something so rigid that it cant be changed. I would like to have the option of having a TE slots Package where I can put two TE's in the slot whenever I want and be able to take them out at my leisure as well.

No that offenses need any more advantages but it would have worked equally well for the defense in certain situations too.
What's the difference between what you described and what's already in the game with packages (or whatever the right stick change is on the play call screen)? There's the example that you gave (TE slot) for most formations with a slot. Are you saying that you can pick the package for all formations instead of having to select it for any formation when you choose a play?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
What's the difference between what you described and what's already in the game with packages (or whatever the right stick change is on the play call screen)? There's the example that you gave (TE slot) for most formations with a slot. Are you saying that you can pick the package for all formations instead of having to select it for any formation when you choose a play?
Its not custom. You can only use the packages they give you for that particular playbook. I can't put my TE in the slot with my Backup RB in and my number 3 WR lined up on the outside.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
They do still have some packages but they are kinda built towards current teams if at all built towards anything. Most are just completely generic but in madden they are atleast more team oriented. Custom ones though would allow you to take advantage of what your team actually has and could grow with the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »