Home

Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

This is a discussion on Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
The issue is the enormous chasm of skill level between AA and Heisman.

On AA, there's less total crap going on, but I blow the cpu out every game, even the great teams.

On Heisman, the cpu does what it wants, no matter what. The supernatural LBs, absurd QBs, etc..

How about something in between? AA is perfect except for the ease with which it's beaten. If the developers can't make the game tougher minus the bullsh*t, then they're in the wrong line of work.
you should go back and try heisman again with some adjusted sliders, mainly bumping cpu qb accuracy down quite a bit. i dont think its harder than all-american, its just different. most of the difficulty just comes from not being able to do a lot of the things youve already learned will work on AA. theres just so much cheesy stuff that goes on on all-american, i wont even bother playing ranked matches because of it. on aa, down linemen in a 5-2 can cover slots/tes... yeah, right. try that on heisman and watch the defense get murdered.

in fact, a lot of the issues that have been mentioned have seem to gone away since we started playing in heisman in my OD.

Quote:
Momentum overkill- I like that momentum is a part of the game...that is realistic. However, if the opponent makes a big play, my O-Line should not just quit blocking and my Defense should not quit covering all together.
momentum is definitely killer in this game. i believe its the cause for most those psychic DBs, jail breaks on the line, cpu breaking a million tackles, etc. those pre-determined loss games always freak me out because of this. now if im playing a really good team on the road, i sometimes now look to take the ball first to see if i can kill off some of their momentum.

i have this theory that the faster your pace is on offense, the better the cpus offense will be when they get on the field. test this out if you dont believe me. i went from running a no huddle air-raid to a pro style set and its made a world of difference. i used to routinely give up 3 or 400 yards on defense where as now im basically shutting it down. controlling the clock and scoring on long time consuming drives seems to just suck the momentum out from the other team. you just gotta capitalize when the other team is down and play mistake free football.

i also think that youre much better served learning how to play with your safeties and lbs and get off of the d line. youre able to cover up for a lot of the mistakes that you know your defense will make against the cpu (eliminating plenty of complaints some of you have about your teammates ai) and become much more of a factor in your defense. your d line will get much better pressure with out you whether you want to believe it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #42
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

The only constant complaint about NCAA 11 to me is the OLB's, MLB's, or any even sometimes defensive linemen that seem to be wearing moon boots. Sure passes get tipped and batted down all the time, but a lot of throwing lanes get taken away.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #43
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
This. Every o-line is dominant in this game. I have to bump up pass rush to 85 just to get a semblance of realistic pressure. Of course, thats only against the CPU.
It's impossible to get pressure with your front four, which defies what defense is all about. I really miss playing Madden 09 as the Giants and having both Umenyiora and Strahan on speed rushes. That allowed me to disguise the blitz much better and drop 8-9 into coverage effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizegoblue
The O-line is dominant against human opponents. I'm sick of playing my OD games against the computer and their average front 4 reeking havoc on my QB.
Again, this is not a problem. Alter the sliders against CPU opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
The only constant complaint about NCAA 11 to me is the OLB's, MLB's, or any even sometimes defensive linemen that seem to be wearing moon boots. Sure passes get tipped and batted down all the time, but a lot of throwing lanes get taken away.
That's one of the things I actually don't have a problem with. Offense is easy enough as it is so I'll accept anything that slows it down. In my OD I have all of the offensive penalties at 100 and defensive penalties at 0.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

when im about to CRUSH the quaterback and my lineman ****ing whiffs i wanna punt a baby
Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #45
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO

That's one of the things I actually don't have a problem with. Offense is easy enough as it is so I'll accept anything that slows it down. In my OD I have all of the offensive penalties at 100 and defensive penalties at 0.
I get what you're saying, especially in the later years of a normal offline dynasty, but it comes off as cheap and frustrating. I'm all for challenging defense, but when a defensive lineman jumps like Randy Moss reincarnate? Come on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
I sure hope you're kidding. The offensive line blocks too well in this game. It's impossible to get pressure with your front four, especially if your opponent drops back 15 yards. Impossible. What's the point of even recruiting speed rushing DE's if the speed rush doesn't even exist?

Since you're playing against the CPU, just alter the sliders.
That's what I was referring to. The fact that the computer offensive line will have ratings in the 70s and my defensive line will be 95's across the board and can't get any pass rush. However when my offensive line is all 90s and the computers defensive line is in the 70s they still get consistent pass rush.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #47
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The fact that no matter what you do on defense, cheesers will score.
Seriously, playing online really makes you see every hole in the game.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #48
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatbad
when im about to CRUSH the quaterback and my lineman ****ing whiffs i wanna punt a baby
not cool

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »