Home

NCAA Football 12 Ideas Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Ideas Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA Football 12 Ideas Thread

Dynasty
1. Spring Games- Let us hold spring practices and have recruits enroll early to
participate
2. Have a National Signing Day- You have rights to ESPN. why not use it.
3. Pick Game Times- During the pre-season, when you're picking your schedules,
why not be able to make it a 12:00, 3:30, or primetime game? you could be
limited to on 3 or so night games a year.
4. More networks- CBS, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU. Also during pre-season when your
picking your schedules, you should be able to pick what game you want on
what network. Ex. Alabama vs LSU= 3:30 CBS.....Alabama vs Georgia
State= 12:00 ESPNU. Have Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson call SEC on
CBS games.
5. Have actual PRACTICE jerseys for practice instead of actual uniforms
6. Medical Redshirts

Equipment
1. I'm putting Dreads as equipment. DREADS, DREADS, DREADS...nuff said
2. More Revo Speeds. There are atleast 10 revo speed facemasks and only 2
were in NCAA 11.

3. Custom Sliders for socks, arm sleeves, arm bands, knee bands, etc. Instead
of having low, mid, and high socks, let us set how high or how low we
want them, same with the arm sleeves. Ex. Cam Newton's knee bands on
his socks. Most College Players socks are atleast halfway up on their leg.

his socks are more than 1/2 up his leg

knee bands on ankle

4. Double Socks. Everyone is wearing double socks...EVERYONE. Give us an
option for double socks. Black on bottom, White on top, visa-versa.

5. Team Colored Socks/Cleats. This year Nike debuted the team colored vapor
carbon TD cleats.

6. Work with Nike to Already have the 2011 Pro Combats as well as last years in the game, but highliy doubt it.
7. Leg Sleeves.

8. FIX THE ANKLE TAPE!! the bulky tape is waaaay too bulky and it looks like
a cast.

9. Adidas Visors

10. Have QB style sleeves like Brett Farve and most NFL QB's wear.

11. Have an option to have the backplate showing.

Road To Glory
1. Put Road To Glory on a separate disk
2. Play your whole senior season, get scholly offers in the mail. Move up in
ESPNU Top 150 Choose between The Under Armour or the US Army All
America Games. Narrow it down between 3 or 4 schools. Have a hat
ceremony and have it televised live by ESPNU. Have an option to enroll
early on campus to participate in spring practice
3. Redshirts/Medical Redshirts
4. Have the option to transfer
5. Be able to choose the uniforms for the game. I hate when I commit to
Oregon, but only can choose from 2 uniforms. Come on!
6. Senior Bowls
7. Don't Know if this could be included on Madden 12 but have the Combine
and either help or hurt your draft stock

well, thats all i can think about for now. This game has the potential to be the greatest video game ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 12 Ideas Thread

Great thread. I'll add a few....

- 17 step drop
This was ultimately a game killer for me. If people are going to play cheesy by dropping back 17 yards in order to find an open receiver, then either a) disable their vision so they can't hit some wide open receiver right on the money while literally running backwards, or b) completely disable their passing ability altogether. Give us a hardcore mode, and let the people in normal mode back up 20 yards all day long in that game. I know it's easy to stop, but I don't care. This isn't about your elite skills, it's about making the game realistic for all of us who want it realistic. Force us to sit in the pocket and make the correct reads if we want that option. If we have a scrambling quarterback, then yes we can rollout to the left or right, but a) our accuracy should be dreadful and b) we shouldn't even be allowed to throw to the opposite side of the field while sprinting in stride. I know EA can do this. I bet 95% of people on this site want the quarterbacks to sit in the pocket. The only people who wouldn't want this are people who cannot read the defense correctly. At least give people who love playing simulation that option.

- Sorry pass defense
This one is self-explanatory. Being a defensive player, I really miss defensive scheming and disguising the blitz that the older Madden games gave me. The zone D is so weak that it really limits the plays that I could call. It got to the point that I felt like I was cheesing because I kept calling the same effective plays over and over.

- CPU scrambling QBs need to scramble
It's our job to spy on them. If we don't learn how to contain them, then they should be gaining a ton of yards on the ground.

- Containment
Fix the containment.

- Make impact players good again
This is absolutely crucial. Stud DE's shouldn't constantly be getting pancaked by 80 OL. Shutdown corners shouldn't be allowing 6 yard separation from 80 WR. What's the point in even recruiting defensive players if every player is sorry?

- Pressure with front four
Without it, defensive scheming is pointless. There is no reason to call anything other than a cover 2 blitz because your opponent will have all day to throw the ball and pick apart the zone/man. Especially if he drops back 17 yards after the snap.

- 5 WR
This is virtually unstoppable without manually controlling the LB and stopping the drag by yourself. While that may show your elite skills, the game shouldn't be like that by default. I thought this game was for the average gamer?

- Where are the JUCO players?
Huge part of the college game. They might've added them after I sold the game, but they were nowhere to be found when I bought it.

- Read option
This is just not effective. If we learn how to read the DE, and we have a strong OL, then let us utilize this play because it's a huge part of the college game. The only reason this should be shut down consistently is if your opponent has a dominating DL (see; Auburn vs Oregon). I know that sliders can alter the success rate for the read option, but when you start testing and configuring sliders, it screws up another aspect of the game. Popping off 4-5 YPC out of the read option would allow me to pop off 12-15 YPC out of the power I. Sliders shouldn't dictate the success of running plays considering the formation, there should be a global standard.

- Presentation/Commentary
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm sick of the exact same commentating/presentation. You try so hard to reach the National Championship but it feels like such an immense letdown once you finally win it because nothing extraordinary happens, and you head into the offseason like nothing even occurred. Heated SEC rivalries don't feel like rivalries, even though a trip to Atlanta is usually at stake.

Dynasty Changes in NCAA 12:

- Pointless slot machine recruiting method
Why?

- Poor CPU recruiting
Get the CPU to recruit elite players. There's no reason the CPU should be signing four 4* quarterbacks in one single class. Come on, man.

- Poor progression
Self-explanatory. I know that there were a thousand patches to try and fix this aspect, but I think it's still screwed up to a degree since every team gradually gets worse. Please just make this work upon 12's release. At year's end, there should be about 12 players with 99 overall, approx 20 with 95 overall, and so forth. Just do some research, EA. I have faith that y'all can get it right.

- Low rated recruits
Trying to land the #173 WR is absolutely ridiculous, and an insult to not only the recruiting process but the 173rd ranked wide receiver as well. Just let us scout the unranked players and decide whether or not they can play on our team. As a member of Rivals for the past few years, I've learned a lot about recruiting and scouting the personnel that is needed. There is absolutely no reason to ever have a 1* recruit. That's just demeaning in itself. Let us scout them.

- Simple recruiting method
The majority of people who play this are older guys (17-35), so instead of dumbing down the recruiting method by telling us the player has A+ speed, just give us the 40 yard dash time for him. We'd much rather see the kid's actual 4.35 40 time than a simple A+ rating. Come on, man.

- Spring football game
This gave us an idea of how well our new recruits were coming in. Most people I've talked to loved it, so I don't know why it was taken out.

- Diamond in the rough recruits & 4* busts
Auburn examples include the following;
5* LB Tray Blackmon was a total letdown and even left the team after his Junior year
4* QB Kodi Burns - couldn't cut it at QB and finished his career as a WR
3* DT Nick Fairley - recruited by hardly anyone, yet ended up being the most dominating DT in the nation
Walk-on WR Rod Smith - Unranked player that Tuberville brought in because of his speed. He not only made the team, but was our #1 WR for two straight years.

- Medical redshirts/grayshirts

- 85 man rosters

- Custom playbooks
I think everyone has been calling for this one for a long, long time.

- Offensive/defensive coordinators
And give us an option to turn it off in the Dynasty settings if we wish. This addition would be absolutely amazing.

- Early playing time glitch
If we make a promise to give a recruit early playing time, then it shouldn't have to be fulfilled by his position on the depth chart. It should be fulfilled by his early playing time.........

Last edited by ViLLiO; 02-26-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Great thread. I'll add a few....

- 17 step drop
This was ultimately a game killer for me. If people are going to play cheesy by dropping back 17 yards in order to find an open receiver, then either a) disable their vision so they can't hit some wide open receiver right on the money while literally running backwards, or b) completely disable their passing ability altogether. Give us a hardcore mode, and let the people in normal mode back up 20 yards all day long in that game. I know it's easy to stop, but I don't care. This isn't about your elite skills, it's about making the game realistic for all of us who want it realistic. Force us to sit in the pocket and make the correct reads if we want that option. If we have a scrambling quarterback, then yes we can rollout to the left or right, but a) our accuracy should be dreadful and b) we shouldn't even be allowed to throw to the opposite side of the field while sprinting in stride. I know EA can do this. I bet 95% of people on this site want the quarterbacks to sit in the pocket. The only people who wouldn't want this are people who cannot read the defense correctly. At least give people who love playing simulation that option.

- Sorry pass defense
This one is self-explanatory. Being a defensive player, I really miss defensive scheming and disguising the blitz that the older Madden games gave me. The zone D is so weak that it really limits the plays that I could call. It got to the point that I felt like I was cheesing because I kept calling the same effective plays over and over.

- CPU scrambling QBs need to scramble
It's our job to spy on them. If we don't learn how to contain them, then they should be gaining a ton of yards on the ground.

- Containment
Fix the containment.

- Make impact players good again
This is absolutely crucial. Stud DE's shouldn't constantly be getting pancaked by 80 OL. Shutdown corners shouldn't be allowing 6 yard separation from 80 WR. What's the point in even recruiting defensive players if every player is sorry?

- Pressure with front four
Without it, defensive scheming is pointless. There is no reason to call anything other than a cover 2 blitz because your opponent will have all day to throw the ball and pick apart the zone/man. Especially if he drops back 17 yards after the snap.

- 5 WR
This is virtually unstoppable without manually controlling the LB and stopping the drag by yourself. While that may show your elite skills, the game shouldn't be like that by default. I thought this game was for the average gamer?

- Where are the JUCO players?
Huge part of the college game. They might've added them after I sold the game, but they were nowhere to be found when I bought it.

- Read option
This is just not effective. If we learn how to read the DE, and we have a strong OL, then let us utilize this play because it's a huge part of the college game. The only reason this should be shut down consistently is if your opponent has a dominating DL (see; Auburn vs Oregon). I know that sliders can alter the success rate for the read option, but when you start testing and configuring sliders, it screws up another aspect of the game. Popping off 4-5 YPC out of the read option would allow me to pop off 12-15 YPC out of the power I. Sliders shouldn't dictate the success of running plays considering the formation, there should be a global standard.

- Presentation/Commentary
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm sick of the exact same commentating/presentation. You try so hard to reach the National Championship but it feels like such an immense letdown once you finally win it because nothing extraordinary happens, and you head into the offseason like nothing even occurred. Heated SEC rivalries don't feel like rivalries, even though a trip to Atlanta is usually at stake.

Dynasty Changes in NCAA 12:

- Pointless slot machine recruiting method
Why?

- Poor CPU recruiting
Get the CPU to recruit elite players. There's no reason the CPU should be signing four 4* quarterbacks in one single class. Come on, man.

- Poor progression
Self-explanatory. I know that there were a thousand patches to try and fix this aspect, but I think it's still screwed up to a degree since every team gradually gets worse. Please just make this work upon 12's release. At year's end, there should be about 12 players with 99 overall, approx 20 with 95 overall, and so forth. Just do some research, EA. I have faith that y'all can get it right.

- Low rated recruits
Trying to land the #173 WR is absolutely ridiculous, and an insult to not only the recruiting process but the 173rd ranked wide receiver as well. Just let us scout the unranked players and decide whether or not they can play on our team. As a member of Rivals for the past few years, I've learned a lot about recruiting and scouting the personnel that is needed. There is absolutely no reason to ever have a 1* recruit. That's just demeaning in itself. Let us scout them.

- Simple recruiting method
The majority of people who play this are older guys (17-35), so instead of dumbing down the recruiting method by telling us the player has A+ speed, just give us the 40 yard dash time for him. We'd much rather see the kid's actual 4.35 40 time than a simple A+ rating. Come on, man.

- Spring football game
This gave us an idea of how well our new recruits were coming in. Most people I've talked to loved it, so I don't know why it was taken out.

- Diamond in the rough recruits & 4* busts
Auburn examples include the following;
5* LB Tray Blackmon was a total letdown and even left the team after his Junior year
4* QB Kodi Burns - couldn't cut it at QB and finished his career as a WR
3* DT Nick Fairley - recruited by hardly anyone, yet ended up being the most dominating DT in the nation
Walk-on WR Rod Smith - Unranked player that Tuberville brought in because of his speed. He not only made the team, but was our #1 WR for two straight years.

- Medical redshirts/grayshirts

- 85 man rosters

- Custom playbooks
I think everyone has been calling for this one for a long, long time.

- Offensive/defensive coordinators
And give us an option to turn it off in the Dynasty settings if we wish. This addition would be absolutely amazing.

- Early playing time glitch
If we make a promise to give a recruit early playing time, then it shouldn't have to be fulfilled by his position on the depth chart. It should be fulfilled by his early playing time.........

I agree with some things you said. But to make ppl stop dropping back so far i think the line should be better. I don't do it unless the blitz is heavy and my linemen let ppl thru unblocked. They take down passing icons. But I don't agree with what you said about progression. The game progresses fine once you get on top. You should not have 12 99 rated players. I have about 5-7 every year and other solid rated players and that's fine. I also don't understand what ppl mean when they say 3* don't develop. I had a 3* go from a 76 to a 90 something in 5 years. I was pleased with him.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

1) It's almost March, any major additions to the game have already been finalized.

b) There's a wishlist subforum where virtually all of these ideas have already been mentioned.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ishlist-forum/
Old 02-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicEm'Dawgs11
Dynasty
3. Custom Sliders for socks, arm sleeves, arm bands, knee bands, etc. Instead
of having low, mid, and high socks, let us set how high or how low we
want them, same with the arm sleeves. Ex. Cam Newton's knee bands on
his socks. Most College Players socks are atleast halfway up on their leg.

his socks are more than 1/2 up his leg

knee bands on ankle

4. Double Socks. Everyone is wearing double socks...EVERYONE. Give us an
option for double socks. Black on bottom, White on top, visa-versa.

5. Team Colored Socks/Cleats. This year Nike debuted the team colored vapor
carbon TD cleats.

6. Work with Nike to Already have the 2011 Pro Combats as well as last years in the game, but highliy doubt it.
7. Leg Sleeves.

8. FIX THE ANKLE TAPE!! the bulky tape is waaaay too bulky and it looks like
a cast.

9. Adidas Visors

10. Have QB style sleeves like Brett Farve and most NFL QB's wear.

11. Have an option to have the backplate showing.
What is it with some of you guys and these fetishes you have with shoes, socks and tape???

I mean this stuff changes EVERY YEAR!!!
You honestly mean that you take more than TWO SECONDS looking at a computer generated polygonal rendered player models shoes??? SHOES!!

I know to some of you its a game killer... Honestly a guy that had dreads last year might not have them this year and one more thing you guys need to understand.. You probably want to know the REAL REASON why you dont have dreads in a COLLEGE FOOTBALL video game?? because the the players are supposed to be FAKE!! If you haven't heard already or don't understand, EA is in the middle of a lawsuit right now about player likeness... If a player with dreads in real life sees himself in a game with..DREADS, his number, his weight ect. who do you think they gonna try and sue???? YOU?? No they are gonna sue EA..

All you do is buy the game, they have to worry about the other stuff. So if you don't have dreads this year, please remember this post.. These players can't be too much like the real ones... REMEMBER THAT...

I'd rather have the team concentrate on presentation and gameplay.... PERIOD. socks, shoes, cleats, tape. 5% dev time TOPS!!! SORRY

ben
voodoo

Last edited by shyvoodoo; 02-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

Socks are a game killer for me in dynasty.. NOBODY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEARS LOW SOCKS. One more time EA.. NOBODY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEARS LOW SOCKS. Lets try and make the players look like legit football players.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Well, I'm a big equipment guy as well. I'm also wishing for gameplay changes also. However, posts like the one earlier touting the perceived idiocy of wanting improvements in equipment, jerseys, and socks always make me laugh. You never see the guys who are big on equipment changes jump into a thread on gameplay sliders and tell those guys they are silly for spending their money on a game only to treat it like a science project; searching endlessly for a perfect set of sliders year after year.....lol

Last edited by DoomsDayD1978; 02-27-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
What is it with some of you guys and these fetishes you have with shoes, socks and tape???

I mean this stuff changes EVERY YEAR!!!
You honestly mean that you take more than TWO SECONDS looking at a computer generated polygonal rendered player models shoes??? SHOES!!

I know to some of you its a game killer... Honestly a guy that had dreads last year might not have them this year and one more thing you guys need to understand.. You probably want to know the REAL REASON why you dont have dreads in a COLLEGE FOOTBALL video game?? because the the players are supposed to be FAKE!! If you haven't heard already or don't understand, EA is in the middle of a lawsuit right now about player likeness... If a player with dreads in real life sees himself in a game with..DREADS, his number, his weight ect. who do you think they gonna try and sue???? YOU?? No they are gonna sue EA..

All you do is buy the game, they have to worry about the other stuff. So if you don't have dreads this year, please remember this post.. These players can't be too much like the real ones... REMEMBER THAT...

I'd rather have the team concentrate on presentation and gameplay.... PERIOD. socks, shoes, cleats, tape. 5% dev time TOPS!!! SORRY

ben
voodoo
Let the man have his equipment fetishes dude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »