Home

'Early Playing Time' Glitch

This is a discussion on 'Early Playing Time' Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
'Early Playing Time' Glitch

I'll keep it simple. If you promise a kid early playing time, then that fulfillment should be dictated by the amount of playing time he got. If he's the #3 CB on your depth chart yet you run out of a base nickel half the time, that promise should be fulfilled.

If he is a young, talented DT but #3 on the depth chart, he shouldn't transfer if he still got valuable playing time down near the goal line.

If he's a scrambling QB and you wanted to use him for a special package that your Sr. pocket passing QB is not effective in, then he absolutely should not transfer. He is the FUTURE! Ahem, Kiehl Frazier.

If he's a beast of a run stopping LB yet he's slow, and you use him in the redzone or on critical 3rd and 3 situations, then.... you get the point. This should be a simple fix. Any input?

Last edited by ViLLiO; 03-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 'Early Playing Time' Glitch

It's not really a glitch; it's just set up wrong in the game. They have it set up to where they have to start for it to be achieved. I'm with the same reasoning as you crowd, but I understand how it works in the game.

My way would be for early playing time, that, depending on the position, they play a % of the snaps. O line, D line, Corner, WR, OLB, 50% works. Positions with just one person, like either Safety spot, TE (yes, I know there are 2 TE sets, but the average is much closer to 1 TE on the field at a time than 2 TEs on the field), RB, MLB, something like 30%. QB? I'd put that more around 15-20%. Kicker/Punter, 100%. Fullback, 75%. (These percentages are literally just off the top of my head at this moment. I know that the 50% might be a little high, but with spots like the O line, Corner, WR, you've got 3-5 spots that are used consistently, so they have a bigger opportunity to be on the field. OLB might be lower than 50%, but if you run a 3-4, OLB/ILB will have a higher percentage.)

Also, if the kid isn't in a starting spot, they'd have to be on special teams too. Maybe kick coverage, maybe kick return, maybe punting formations. But they'd see the field there too. If they don't play at their position much, but they're on the field nonstop on special teams, that would work as well.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

So does anyone know if this glitch was fixed? Can I promise my players early playing time and fulfill it with early PT? Or is it all according to their depth chart position?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

First it is not a glitch. I don't agree with it but it isn't a glitch it is definitely programmed that way and no it isn't any different. Solid playing time is determined by the depth chart position
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

I don't know what your definition of 'glitch' is, but it absolutely is one. It is a simple problem that could easily be fixed. Depth chart positioning shouldn't dictate my recruit's fate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

its based on where they are in the depth chart and its not a glitch its always been like that
Northern Illinois Huskies
Old 07-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

A glitch is a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers. this is the intent of the programmers.

I don't agree it should be that way. It should be a percentage basis.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

I think it sucks. I bet there's a way around it, too. I bet I could put him at #1 on the depth chart, yet alter the formation subs so he'd never play a single down yet fulfill the promise. Boooooooo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »