Home

This is a speed rush, EA.

This is a discussion on This is a speed rush, EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: This is a speed rush, EA.

Eh, I dont have much of an issue having my DE's do their thing.

The difference in strong side DE play vs weak in pass rush situations is a bit of a problem though.

The LDE takes a correct outside shoulder rush, but for whatever reason, the RDE just runs straight into the LT's waiting arms.

In reality, the weakside DE is your best passrusher, with the strong side DE is protypically the better run defender.

In this game, it's the opposite.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

Hmmm... I believe you are right. Did it have something to do with All-Pro Football 2K8? I believe that song plays during the setup screens.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I guess we all know it was meant as a joke. But if a consumer points out a flaw in a company's product and even tries to help by showing examples how it looks in real life and the response by the company is a joke, in my opinion that shows a very bad attitude. Instead of taking criticism seriously they just laugh at it. Of course it isn't a big thing, but it just shows EA's view of us hardcore guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
I guess we all know it was meant as a joke. But if a consumer points out a flaw in a company's product and even tries to help by showing examples how it looks in real life and the response by the company is a joke, in my opinion that shows a very bad attitude. Instead of taking criticism seriously they just laugh at it. Of course it isn't a big thing, but it just shows EA's view of us hardcore guys.
Just because he works for the company does not mean that everything that he types is an official response from EA. He's already shown himself to be a bit of a joker/trickster. Why can't we have a bit of fun. I don't know 100%, but I imagine his joke is one way to knock off some stress of the tough, long days of making this game better. You're reading far too much into this.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
... a 91 speed 91 acc DE with 83 for block shed and power move and finesse move too. 6 sacks.
Quote:
just try a zone blitz on the cpu to see how unbelievably stupid CPU pass blocking is.
So which is it? You're bitching your dude can't put up big numbers rushing the passer, then in the next breath you're calling the CPU pass blocking stupid.

This is why this forum isn't worth a squirt of piss anymore.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Hmmm... I believe you are right. Did it have something to do with All-Pro Football 2K8? I believe that song plays during the setup screens.
You are correct sir.

Whenever I hear that song, great football interactions/animations/gameplay come to the forefront of my mind.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Eh, this is just one example of how the ratings...if we are being truly honest..don't seem to matter a great deal.

I don't know if it is because the ratings don't actually "do" anything other than speed and acceleration or if the game just "evens things out"...but really...we've all been there...

You have an opponent with a 73 OVER QB (81 THP, 76 THA) chunking pinpoint 40 yard strikes across the field while being pressure.

Your Offensive line that consists of 5 92+ rated players gets dominated by a defensive line that goes 74, 82, 87, and 76 in overall ratings.

Your 76 rated DT is able to crash through a line just as easily as your 98 rated DT.

Your secondary of 90+ rated corners and safeties gets torched for 400 yards passing by a 72 rated QB and 4 WRs who all come in at around 78 overall.

I LOVED NCAA 11...but it's about time that there was TRULY some ratings driven gameplay IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh, this is just one example of how the ratings...if we are being truly honest..don't seem to matter a great deal.

I don't know if it is because the ratings don't actually "do" anything other than speed and acceleration or if the game just "evens things out"...but really...we've all been there...

You have an opponent with a 73 OVER QB (81 THP, 76 THA) chunking pinpoint 40 yard strikes across the field while being pressure.

Your Offensive line that consists of 5 92+ rated players gets dominated by a defensive line that goes 74, 82, 87, and 76 in overall ratings.

Your 76 rated DT is able to crash through a line just as easily as your 98 rated DT.

Your secondary of 90+ rated corners and safeties gets torched for 400 yards passing by a 72 rated QB and 4 WRs who all come in at around 78 overall.

I LOVED NCAA 11...but it's about time that there was TRULY some ratings driven gameplay IMO.
Bingo!!!

This part of the game being fixed is one HUGE step towards a truly great football game.

Then an cpu AI worth a **** is the next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »