Home

This is a speed rush, EA.

This is a discussion on This is a speed rush, EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Thumbs up This is a speed rush, EA.

Look, EA, it even happens in college football, too!

I could go forever...........

This
could NEVER happen in NCAA because the OT's are severely overpowered and keep the DE at bay for 9-10 seconds at least. The 90-99 OVR weakside DEs should be able to do this on a consistent basis, ESPECIALLY when they're going against a vastly inferior OT. So in essence, the "elite 99 OVR impact DEs" in this game are basically about 75 OVR since they are unable to do this. They're absolutely, and utterly worthless.

You're much better off just dropping them into coverage and calling hot routes with both your DEs and your LBs while shifting your LBs back and forth while showing blitz and then backing off and then pressing and then showing blitz again and then audibling to another play and then audibling back whilst still shifting your LBs back and forth. In short, you'd be better off cheesing.

And don't get me started on how the DE usually just falls flat on his face after about 6-7 seconds. It's bull****. My defense on old gen NCAA, I could rush around the OT and get to the QB in 3-4 seconds considering the circumstance. It was beast and my defense was much more efficient at stopping the pass. This is also EXTRA important to be in the game since most of the people who play this game don't even stand in the pocket. They back up 17-25 yards. The sad part is that these are the guys who say they play "sim" ball. Pitiful. I would be extremely surprised if this is fixed in NCAA '13.

Want more footage of how football works, EA? Here, listen to Jared Allen explain it:

Maybe this happens in real life, EA. It doesn't seem like Jared Allen was lying:

And this is at the professional level! We're talking collegiate football, here. NFL caliber DEs in college football absolutely DOMINATE the LOS.

Alright, well, to conclude this, I apologize to the NCAA community if I came off as rude, but no more Mr. Nice Guy. Why, you ask? I kept this same thread from last year because I saw no reason to start another. Check the date of the OP yourself. Hell, here is my exact quote from last year on this issue:

Quote:
Please make 97 OVR elite defensive ends, elite. They are part of the most important unit on the field. Strong defensive lines are crucial in not only collegiate football, but professional as well. We should recruit fast, talented weak side defensive ends for a reason. That reason is to get instant pressure on the quarterback so you can drop more players into coverage. I won't get started on the behemoth DE's and their ability to bull rush, but being able to get pressure with your front four can really increase your creativity as a play-caller. Of course elite OT's can shut speed rushes down, but defensive ends with 88 OVR speed should be hitting the outside, and should succeed when they are against inferior OT's.
I kept it simple last year. Maybe this will get their attention? Hell, I need to get YOUR attention and have YOU calling for this. Sick and tired of this wide open offense bull****. We. Need. A. Speed. Rush. Especially since EA's introducing their "cool new QB animations" that they want to show off.

Here's my personal rant on the subject.

Last edited by ViLLiO; 04-30-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: EA didn't fix it last year, so I'm bringing it up again. Speed Rush Rant v 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: This is a speed rush, EA.

First video, eh, not so good.

Second video, brilliant save the quality.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is SOOOO true. I made a teambuilder team with DE's that were undersized, but both had 87+ speed, 95+ ACC and 90+ Finesse Move. They can't rush the passer, playing in the Sun Belt conference. They should be running circles around the OT's.

Also, it is easy to play at Left End in the game and extremely difficult to play at Right End. Usually, the RE is the best pass rusher, so it would make sense that pass rushing would be better at that side, or equal on both.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

This speed rush happens all the time in NCAA 11.....by the computer

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
NCAA RTG Lead Designer

EA_Alex_Howell's Arena

OVR: 0

Actually. This is a Rush. a Tom Sawyer Rush.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

One of my biggest complaints about the game.

Thats what football is all about. Strength's and weaknesses.
Is your front 4 very strong? You dont have to blitz much at all and shutting down a passing game will happen then.

Not in this game. For me last year in OD on heisman, won MNC, but a 91 speed 91 acc DE with 83 for block shed and power move and finesse move too. 6 sacks. And thats with teams passing ALL the freaking time. #1 rush defense in the country. So teams had to start passing.

Hell just try a zone blitz on the cpu to see how unbelievably stupid CPU pass blocking is. And no sliders dont fix everything.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
Actually. This is a Rush. a Tom Sawyer Rush.

You can't see me right now Alex, but I am shaking my head
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
You can't see me right now Alex, but I am shaking my head

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »