Home

Why people complain about the game so much...

This is a discussion on Why people complain about the game so much... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why people complain about the game so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
for someone that doesnt even own the game, you sure do spend a lot of time responding to threads in this forum.

i, for one, have a simulation experience every single time i play this game. why cant you?
Because you don't know what a simulation experience is like. Either that or you aren't very good and you play on varsity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #42
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
for someone that doesnt even own the game, you sure do spend a lot of time responding to threads in this forum.

i, for one, have a simulation experience every single time i play this game. why cant you?
How do you know I don't own the game? Are you a stalker? If so you are quite bad, because I have the game sitting no less than 6 feet away from me.

Please enlighten me on your simulation experience. Everytime I play, I either blow out Wisconsin with WKU on All-American, or I play on Heisman and watch my CBs completly ignore their zones and try as hard as they can to screw up man coverage, typically by running the wrong way every play.

So I ask again enlighten me on your "simulation" gameplay.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

April fool's day is 3 weeks away. You can bust out your "I get a sim experience every time" then.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

I quit playing about two weeks after I purchased it.

With that said, I don't have any seriously fond nostalgia for prior generations of NCAA either (although the older versions did immerse me in the experience more).

The issue that I have with NCAA series is that it feels ... flat. That's the best way to describe it for me. I don't ever feel like I'm part of the action, that the crowd is behind me or against me, that I'm doing well or poorly, that I'm playing a rivalry game. Put simply, I don't live and die on the outcome of a drive.

I punt and kick FGs, not because I feel the need to ensure I play field position or not leave points on the field, but because I'm trying to inject realism ... as it's probably easier to go for it on 4th and 3.

EA seems to cater to kids that want to put up mass quantities of points, and completely neglects defense. When was the last time defense actually got an upgrade (other than graphics/animations)? Yeah, I can't remember either, but I can list of tons of upgrades and gimmick features for the offense.

EA seems to cater to people that don't understand the game and don't understand the intricacies. If they did it in reverse, the offensive line would get more attention each year than the rest of the offensive unit combined.

Once can go on with this assessment ad naseum.

At the end of the day, EA wants to offer the game to the masses, which from a business model makes sense. It's easier (and cheaper) to create plus it is "enjoyable" to a wider audience. It's just unfortunate that they don't cater to the hardcore fans and offer a "dumbed down" version for the casual gamer.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #45
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the reason why so many people post thoughts, ideas, point out issues with the game, and sometimes cross the line is all due to the shared desire for a better game. I want say we are all a bunch of "grumpy old men" trying to relive the glory days of the NCAA series. I read a a lot of topics and post around here and I have to say most of the things asked for are not pipe dreams but things that have been done before. While some were done in past NCAA editions and some from other sports game all of which happened years ago. Either way we know it has been done so why not do it again. I feel like since NCAA 09 the game has been going backward.

I don't think anyone is asking for the perfect game and if you are wake up from fantasy land because there is no perfect game. After all it is made by man so how could it be perfect. But coming here to post ideas or point out issues that need to be addressed is a great way to communicate with the people that make the game. If they see multiple people saying the same thing then maybe there is an issue. After all speaking up is how you see change. We only have one option when it comes to college football games so we should all feel the need to voice concerns and grips so the game is improved. Without improvement then whats the point of purchasing the game year after year. After all making a game the people want only improves sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #46
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

People complain because it it the only 'NEW' option and it plays fundamentally worse than previous iterations of the game.

I would have put this game down if it wasn't for a group of my friends who played the game with me in an OD that has gone on for 11 seasons.

I put down Madden 10 and 09 (didn't bother with 11) as well as NCAA 10 because the gameplay ruins the game. In a game where one could hypothetically play for 60 seasons, its really sad that the game doesn't deliver a rich and unique experience to each team. If Madden and NCAA were not licensed games, they would be bargain bin material at launch. The only thing thats keeps these games relevant is using players that are modeled after current players IMO.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #47
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Im not reliving old glory days. I'm talking about NCAA 2010!!!!!

You put the new ESPN stuff, the new coat of paint, the entrances, and the new play-books on NCAA 2010 and its WAAAAY better than NCAA 2011.

This game is made so people who can't play feel like they can. Thats why you can run the ball so easily. Thats why 3rd and long is so easy to complete.

If people did not exploit the play the run and play the pass mechanic on last years game we aren't even having this conversation.

What happens is EA put an air freshener on hot garbage but eventually everyone smells it.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

We need a hardcore mode. Badly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »