Home

How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players

This is a discussion on How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensa08
I believe the NCAA has said names and pictures are forbidden. Well the pictures will never be the same and as for the roster names, if this gets ugly, then maybe eventually EA will probably stop allowing us to download teams rosters into the game. And that would be a load of crap!! A number has nothing to do with a name!!
Are not college players assigned specific numbers which are usually worn during the sum total of a college playing career?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
When you play online you can only play with player ratings that come loaded on the CD-ROM.

If the game were made with random players it would take all of the fun out of it for me and many others.

The "height, weight, skin color, #, accessories" are always a little bit off by design

I believe that Madden has.....or could they make it so that the online game reads that if each user has the same rosters then they can play online with that roster. (i am guessing it is the updated ratings EA puts out for madden).
Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509
I believe that Madden has.....or could they make it so that the online game reads that if each user has the same rosters then they can play online with that roster. (i am guessing it is the updated ratings EA puts out for madden).
You are correct. NCAA does the same thing. The only way to get around it is by playing with a Team Builder team. Unfortunately, one can't edit such a team.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #28
NCAA RTG Lead Designer

EA_Alex_Howell's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know what these ex-college players are talking about. I signed a document my freshman year that allowed my appearance to be used for the University. All of these cases are a joke.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
I don't know what these ex-college players are talking about. I signed a document my freshman year that allowed my appearance to be used for the University. All of these cases are a joke.
Yep, I signed one of those too.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
When you play online you can only play with player ratings that come loaded on the CD-ROM.

If the game were made with random players it would take all of the fun out of it for me and many others.

The "height, weight, skin color, #, accessories" are always a little bit off by design
I will quit playing NCAA if the player ratings are randomized. That will take the fun out of playing.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
This was a very interesting and helpful comment. I assume the players would argue that the issue is that although you gave the NCAA the right to use your appearance you did not grant the same right to EA Sports. The NCAA does not grant this right to EA Sports either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #32
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

I just tried to look this up and I couldnt find anything concrete and dont have the time to dig further right now, but this is what I saw in my quick search:

The ONLY way these morons would win this lawsuit is if they invidiually had a pre-exisiting copyright on their likeness before their likeness was put into the game. The same would go for their name. I am willing to bet that they dont have a copyright on anything. Along with the consent that your likeness can be used for the university these dude are just throwing away money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »