Home

Is it just me....

This is a discussion on Is it just me.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Is it just me....

Is it just me or does AI predetermine where a recruit will go.

Lets ignore the predetermined instant commits. I just did some recruiting and here is what I got.

The AI Arizona State beat me out of two DEs but here is what I found strange. We had both offered scholarships and now were just trading punches for him. What I found interesting was that despite averaging around 500 points per week, I say no change whatsoever in the gap between us. Now from looking at his wants and ASU's ratings, there is no way they could have possibly come close to 500 per week or even knocked my total down to 350 or 400, which is where I estimate they would have been had they hard sold on all his VH pitches.

In every one of his VH pitches I am either A+, A, A-, or B+. ASU is either equal or worse in all catagories, yet somehow still seems to get more points than me, which is leading me to think that the AI presetermines recruiting on Heisman, the same way it predetermines whether it is going to score or not.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is it just me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

Lets ignore the predetermined instant commits. I just did some recruiting and here is what I got.

The AI Arizona State beat me out of two DEs but here is what I found strange. We had both offered scholarships and now were just trading punches for him. What I found interesting was that despite averaging around 500 points per week, I say no change whatsoever in the gap between us. Now from looking at his wants and ASU's ratings, there is no way they could have possibly come close to 500 per week or even knocked my total down to 350 or 400, which is where I estimate they would have been had they hard sold on all his VH pitches.

In every one of his VH pitches I am either A+, A, A-, or B+. ASU is either equal or worse in all catagories, yet somehow still seems to get more points than me, which is leading me to think that the AI presetermines recruiting on Heisman, the same way it predetermines whether it is going to score or not.
Some recruits prefer a certain school and that school gets some kind of secret bonus. It works for you and against you. Although nothing in the game is truly "predetermined", there are obviously situations where the CPU gives a boost to AI. It makes things harder but hardly unavoidable. probably the most frustrating one for everyone is when your defense has been having a great day but when the CPU NEEDS that score they suddenly can do no wrong on the drive lol.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

exactly how are you scoring 500+ points while recruiting on heisman?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:20 AM   #4
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

With respect to the commentary above which I believe is true with some schools getting some kind of bonus, or the occasional lucky X2.... No, I don't think this stuff is predetermined whatsoever.

-Somebody who has probably done 75+ seasons of NCAA recruiting (All American)

Oh... NVM... you're on Heisman. Yeah since I'm in a competitive league with 12 other people I'm going against I've never recruited on Heisman. Ignore my post.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
exactly how are you scoring 500+ points while recruiting on heisman?
I was UCLA, and got lucky with him being home grown, as well as him loving everything that was A+ about my school. So factor that a hard sell for an A+ pitch is 80, then add in the pipeline bonus, do that about four times, then the second two make up the last hundred.

Honestly there was nothing this kid hated about my school, and I was better than ASU in about every Very High cataegory (I think, maybe we were tied a bit, but I don't think I ws worse, atleast no by enough to drastically effect my point spread.)
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »