Home

Conference Changing Question

This is a discussion on Conference Changing Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Conference Changing Question

I am playing as Tulane as an Independant (I switched with Army) in my offline dynasty. My ultimate goal is to get picked up by th SEC. I have 2 questions:

1. If I am offered the Sun Belt or Conf USA, should I take it and eventually get picked up by the SEC later?

2. Are there any reprocussions from turning down a conference as it pertains to future invites?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Conference Changing Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensan04
I am playing as Tulane as an Independant (I switched with Army) in my offline dynasty. My ultimate goal is to get picked up by th SEC. I have 2 questions:

1. If I am offered the Sun Belt or Conf USA, should I take it and eventually get picked up by the SEC later?

2. Are there any reprocussions from turning down a conference as it pertains to future invites?

Thanks
1. Depends. What's your conference prestige? If it's below a C, you should switch to C-USA. If not, don't switch. Sun belt's CP is a D i believe, so no reason to switch.

2. I don't think so.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Rookie

isn't the independent conference rating an A+?

If so, why in the world would you change that?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanbox360
isn't the independent conference rating an A+?

If so, why in the world would you change that?
think the Conference Prestige for independants varies by team. Not 100% posotive, though.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Rookie

My prestige is D+ which seems unfair seeing that I played the 8 of the top 10, and 2 other top 25 teams. My two unranked teams were Southern Miss (rival) and Navy (because I like the option)

I am in year two with the same type schedule and there is still a low conf prestige.

What bothers me the most is that Notre Dame has a high conf prestige and plays a much softer schedule
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
Rookie

Goofybub23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
My prestige is D+ which seems unfair seeing that I played the 8 of the top 10, and 2 other top 25 teams. My two unranked teams were Southern Miss (rival) and Navy (because I like the option)

I am in year two with the same type schedule and there is still a low conf prestige.

What bothers me the most is that Notre Dame has a high conf prestige and plays a much softer schedule
What was your ranking last year? In actual conferences I'm pretty sure conf. prestige is all about how many teams finished ranked in the top 25 with independents I'm pretty sure it was what your ranking was the previous season...

Not sure about the whole SEC thing though I'm trying to do the same thing with army. Good luck though!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofybub23
What was your ranking last year? In actual conferences I'm pretty sure conf. prestige is all about how many teams finished ranked in the top 25 with independents I'm pretty sure it was what your ranking was the previous season...

Not sure about the whole SEC thing though I'm trying to do the same thing with army. Good luck though!
I would assume that is how they figure it. The conference prestige stays stagnant and will no go up or down based on how the conference is doing though in dynasties.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #8
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I would switch right when you get the chance to any conference. Only Notre Dame has an independent as A+. Any conference is better than being an independent unless you switched out with ND.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »