Home

Y/N: Is lack of good recruits still a problem?

This is a discussion on Y/N: Is lack of good recruits still a problem? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Y/N: Is lack of good recruits still a problem?

Question: did they fix the bug where incoming recruits have far lower attributes than existing players at the beginning of dynasty?

Thanks for reading/answering. I am thinking of picking up NCAA Football 11 but got very worried when I started reading about problems with incoming recruits being substantially lower rated than current players. This apparently led to the vast majority of teams needing to start 60-70 overall players, and after 4 or 5 years the football talent pool would be a shadow of its former self.

I've searched for a specific answer, but have only managed to find some suggestions in threads that this is still a problem. Did EA patch this, or is it working as intended?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Y/N: Is lack of good recruits still a problem?

Yes they fixed it a long time ago. You should probably wait on '12 though.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
Yes they fixed it a long time ago. You should probably wait on '12 though.
Thanks for the input, so it's something where teams will generally still be able to have a similar overall rating to what they had before? Or, at least the quality of players is not going to have a grossly negative affect on gameplay down the line?

So recruiting is no longer at the level where you can only recruit 1* kickers that can't reliably hit an extra point. Has it gotten to the point where you'll be able to replace outgoing talent with comparable talent (once it's developed)?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Thanks for the input, so it's something where teams will generally still be able to have a similar overall rating to what they had before? Or, at least the quality of players is not going to have a grossly negative affect on gameplay down the line?

So recruiting is no longer at the level where you can only recruit 1* kickers that can't reliably hit an extra point. Has it gotten to the point where you'll be able to replace outgoing talent with comparable talent (once it's developed)?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. If you've ever played and recruited on a NCAA football game before, it is basically the same as previous titles after you download the tuners. As far as incoming player OVRs, its kind of what you'd expect. The only difference really being that 3 star players generally do not turn into difference makers (unless they're juco).

Once you get deeper into a dynasty you will notice a sizeable gap between the top programs talent and the rest of the pack (which, as reasonable as it sounds is not at all lifelike).
Old 03-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #5
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

The talent pool is fine. The only issue seems to be WHAT the CPU recruits, and a dearth of decent kickers. You'll find 4-5 years in you play teams who can't hit an extra point yet have 9 quarterbacks on the roster. But overall it's alright.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's not an issue that I've seen, I'm 5 years in though so I can't speak for 20-30 years out.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

There are a lack of decent-rated kickers, even in Season 2. It also seems that CPU teams end up signing walk-on kickers because the kicker recruits run out. The walk-ons are horrible.

This really messes up the CPU depth chart, as you'll sometimes see them starting QBs, FBs, even a DT at kicker because they are rated a couple points higher. You can correct this, but it does get to be a hassle at times.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I made it 10 years (2 different times) in with the tuners but not the patches and I was not pleased. The game gets a little top heavy. The powers pull in all the top players. The lack of quality 3 stars makes the second tier schools non competitive. The gameplay changes. The aforementioned kickers & punters are real bad. I saw schools (ex: UVA, Org St.) go 3 season without a win. The highest rated player on their teams was low 70's. There was a thread here where a guy recorded data after going 30yrs in, the max. Some of the same stuff he saw other have seen as well. It seems to me that the game is only set up for about 4-5 good years of dynasty mode then you get a top heavy mode based off the power schools like Bama, Texas, Miami, Ohio St., Michigan/Penn St., and sometimes USC. I used Nebraska and Georgia and both times could not overcome the powers. I'm a good recruiter, played the series since 98, and understand the game of football since I'm a high school coach. With that said NCAA 11 took a fun mode and killed it. NCAA 10 after all patches was close to being just right. If NCAA 10 had the different recruiting levels then it would have made NCAA 11's system look like a big steaming pile of cow pooh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »