Home

Season 7 Offline...WOW!

This is a discussion on Season 7 Offline...WOW! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Season 7 Offline...WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
He just said they can't because of legal reasons...so its NOT HAPPENING! LOL
I don't see why it would be a legal issue. Since EA could create one all their own, they wouldn't be copying from anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #26
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Season 7 Offline...WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
I don't see why it would be a legal issue. Since EA could create one all their own, they wouldn't be copying from anyone.
Someone else probably has a better explanation but here's mine:

NCAA football athletics has let the EA franchise have the teams...the real teams, uni's, songs, BCS, etc. therefore they have to go by NCAA's rules. Now if there was a game to come out that was a college football game not backed by NCAA with fake bowl games and teams and all that then THEY could have a tournament.

I'm sure you also wonder why they don't have the real names of players? Basically same idea but different reason as they would have to give the players money for the licensing of their names on the game which is illegal by NCAA rules & regulations for a player to receive money like this.

There are text sims out there like Bowl Bound College Football that allow you to have a tournament instead but they don't have the true teams, conference names, bowls, etc. Yes, it's molded after the true to life NCAA but it's not as teams are called like Notre Dame Celtics or something like that instead...the national championship is called BBC Championship or something like that, etc etc

I hope I've given you the right reasons. The ONLY way this is going to be possible is if the BCS committee and NCAA agree that it is OKAY to have a tournament option instead which probably won't happen because they will want a crapload of money to allow such a thing.

I want a tournament as much as you do but it's just probably not going to happen unless there becomes one in real life which there will be someday, just not now. Then say if there were 4 teams that made the tournament then I'm sure it would be easy to have an expand option added.

Sorry for the long reply but I hope you get it now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »