Home

A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #41
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I know it is early but I am on board with the "those are not features" bus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #42
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed

Lets just say I know more new info for a game being released in 2012 that I do this game.

Strike that, I know more new info about two games scheduled to be released in 2012.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 19
Icon9 Re: A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
If they don't completely re-vamp the gameplay so the QB can run a proper spread/option game then no way I buy this game again. Put all the fluff you want in the game, if gameplay sucks then game sucks.....simple math.

I agree with Stevie. The option game needs to be improved. While the pageantry and atmosphere can be spun as what makes college football differ from the NFL, gameplay makes a difference, as well.
This release by EA is just a teaser. My mind is on Spring Training. The game won't be out until mid-July. Once the demo is released I'll check out the reaction, then make my decision.

NCAA Football used to be a release day purchase for me. This year I am hanging on to NCAA FB 11, avoiding selling it, and not pre-ordering 12. NCAA 11 was the best next gen college football game. Credit goes to Tiburon for that. The early release of FIFA 11 means that I didn't play as much of and get burned out on NCAA 11. If NCAA 12 doesn't show further improvement, I'll just skip a year.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #44
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2

Not impressed. Just saying same stuff they say every year, "the most realistic college experience yet". I was expecting an actual feature, like last year wenlearned alot from one screen, and we get this. I know it's early I am well aware, but if your going to say it's new features then make it actual features. Aboard the "these are not features" bandwagon as well now.
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."
Old 03-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
I am sure I am reading into this too much but................. first person view?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is not info at all. This is just a poorly done hype machine.

Although when it said enhanced in-game presentation with authentic crowd chants I raised an eyebrow. I hope they improve the broadcast presentation as well.
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aren't all 5 of those "features" said literally every year?

I have no problem with EA saying those things but people trying to find meaning in them should do something else with their time.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19
1st thing is that there are 6 weeks left until May (too late to add/change date).

2nd thing is that I hate to burst folks bubble who are waiting for new gameplay improvements, but the "Game Engine" is maxed out.

The only thing they can do is tweak visuals/animations to run smoother, giving the appearance that we're getting a new game.

That's why so much emphasis on the visual side and on other modes of play.

"Gameplay can/will not change until a NEW Engine is developed upon.
It simply can not be improved on the current engine.

There's a reason they have "NEVER" gone in depth about the Gameplay side since being on Next-Gen.

Never mind that 1000's of request to talk about it each year are posted.
They always steer clear of in-depth discussion and focus on tweaked Visuals and alternate Mode injections.

Let's see how many of the Mid-Major/Smaller Schools have these so called New Features added to them.
Less than 15 schools will have these injections as it relates to that particular school.
The other 105 schools will be tagging along for the ride.
Ex - Marching Bands and Field Entrances.

Will NCAA 12 have:
Coaching Carousel - keep wishing!
Broadcast Camera - let's wait and bring it in down the road as a New Fearture!
Overhauled ST Gameplay - unfortunately, the game engine won't allow nothing new to be done!
Editable Recruits - maybe 2014 as a New Feature!
Global Positional Ratings Editor - ahh, don't want gamers tinkering too much with our product!

This is just my way of laughing, as the same ol song-n-dance we do every year as though we're about to get that "WOW" type of game released to us.

Anyways, I'm a rent-before-buy person, so back to "Sum-Ribs" in sunny California!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »