Home

First NCAA Football 12 Screenshot, Dreads Are Back - What Else Can You Spot?

This is a discussion on First NCAA Football 12 Screenshot, Dreads Are Back - What Else Can You Spot? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Hurts my soul that people actually are excited because dreads made it. I'd be more excited if it showed how weight and momentum impacted a play

Nah brah you got it all wrong. I was just happy that they finally posted something. I noticed the dreads and edited my post. Im guessing that dreads will not be able to be used online, because EA can't put dreads on specific players. Right?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #74
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: First NCAA Football 12 Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Sweeet. Dreads, finally. Grass looks good too.

Anyone think the colors are a little washed out though?

I guess it could be the lighting, but washed out colors are something that seems to plague the majority of sports games.
Glad you posted this. Hopefully we can get the accurate socks AND shoes for the procombats. You know? Like in the real pic, UM has on the green socks and the cleats are team specific with their logo. I'm a big "uniforms", so I love all of the little details with the appearances.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #75
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: First NCAA Football 12 Screenshot, Dreads Are Back - What Else Can You Spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Graphics and Visuals are important, but the fact that people put accessories like dreadlocks over gameplay, in terms of importance, does boggle the mind. Who cares how good a game looks if it plays terrible?

Anyway, I'm digging the new lighting, looks more realistic for sure, the grass is a nice touch and I love that they've gotten around to getting new helmets and facemasks in. Hopefully they've added more than just one helmet this year, like how they only added the Revo speed last year, and immediately showed it off in the first photo.

One thing that bugs me is how the untucked sleeves still look really weird.
Who side its one or the other? It has been said thousands of times there is a gameplay department and a graphic department. If we push for dreads and facemasks wont change whether or not game play is improved.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #76
Rookie

geauxfan70's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: First NCAA Football 12 Screenshot, Dreads Are Back - What Else Can You Spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
To me, the ball carrier's position looks like part of a new animation. maybe not?
I know what you're saying, his legs look like they are in a complicated move or something, I've never seen a player cross his legs like that in any previous animations.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #77
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
Yeah ... okay, it looks nice, but honestly, it's makeup over more of the same broken gameplay.

Hurts my soul that people actually are excited because dreads made it. I'd be more excited if it showed how weight and momentum impacted a play.
On Facebook one of the devs wrote this when someone posted a similar concern:

"we'll have plenty of gameplay related items to cover leading up to launch stay tuned. -JD"

I don't know why the assumption is made that since they added dreads they neglected gameplay. There are months for them to drip all that information to us. Just let us be happy that we got dreads in the game because it helps with authenticity
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #78
Rookie

chen_sc's Arena

OVR: 4

is it just me or the ball is still bigger than it's supposed to be?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #79
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21
yay miami... graphics look good again
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: First NCAA Football 12 Screen

game looks great already....i'd rather they spend more time on actual gameplay improvements as opposed to cosmetic upgrades.

these year seems to be more about just making the game look better....i enjoy NCAA 11 it's my favorite game the best in a years by EA. But having said that if they took the gameplay to another level i coudl care less about the added eye candy on the field

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »