Home

NCAA with ps3 move or Kinect?

This is a discussion on NCAA with ps3 move or Kinect? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
NCAA with ps3 move or Kinect?

Was wondering if yall think NCAA '12 will feature anything with the ps3 move or kinect? What ways could they make this work and be fun like mini games and superstar mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA with ps3 move or Kinect?

God, I hope not.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Wont happen. Especially considering how different the two technologies are from one another.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

The only thing that would interest me in using the Move is if they did some kind of total control passing. I was thinking of having a crosshair on the screen that moves where ever you point the wand, and then pressing X would throw the ball. Tapping it would throw a lob and the longer you hold it, the faster and lower the ball is thrown.

If they did something like this, then I would think about trying it. It would make you feel more like a QB in total control of where the ball is thrown. But if they're just going to go the Wii route where you press the button and flick the wand, don't bother. Do something revolutionary or don't bother at all.

Of course, the passing system we have now is messed up, so I doubt we'll be seeing anything like this for a while.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the only part of football it would work for would be field-goal kicking. Because that's the only part where action is so boxed-in and it's just about repeating the mechanics of a certain motion. But, of course, who wants to pretend to be a kicker? And who is actually limber enough to repeat FG motions over and over again without straining something in their legs?

Maybe certain practice drills, stretches or exercises. But that's no fun.

I don't know how the technology works, but if these motion things actually track the whole body (and not just the controller or whatever you're holding), it'd be cool if the game let you act out your own animations.

I know people expect more along the lines of being able to incorporate the motion-sensing stuff into actual gameplay, but what if you could use the Kinect to teach the game your own custom animations? Personalized celebrations for touchdowns or first downs or sacks? Wouldn't help gameplay at all, but I bet lots of people would eat it up with a spoon if they could create their own custom TD dance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I think they are a couple years away from that. I know the Kinect tracks your WHOLE body and it does a very good job at it. I have Kinect Sports, works well playing soccer, boxing, volleyball, track n field games.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

I REALLY liked the controls for the first Madden they put on wii (07? back when the Wii version wasn't the red headed stepchild of the other maddens). Those controls were fun and interesting and usually worked. I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing on the PS3.

Of course, EA wouldn't do the same thing on the PS3 for the same reason people complained about the controls on the Wii -- they were too different and people did not want to have to relearn how to play (along with the "usually" worked problem of course). I think they backed off their original plan for Wii controls far too quickly -- given a year or two they might have really refined them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »