Home

Big Ten Schedules?

This is a discussion on Big Ten Schedules? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big Ten Schedules?

Do the Big Ten Schedules work properly in '11? I mean as far as the rotation and everyone playing each other at the right time? About to start a new dynasty, thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Big Ten Schedules?

I'm not sure, but I think the AI schedules games after week 13.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I'm not sure, but I think the AI schedules games after week 13.
The AI schedules an absurd number of OOC games in weeks 14 and 15. There should be a handful at most. The problems with scheduling all start with week 1. Get a few years into a dynasty and week 1 is like a 2 game slate, usually Marshall-West Virginia and another game. The only reason to have a week 15 is for Army-Navy. Otherwise, no one has 3 byes in the regular season. Everyone should be done by week 14. They start week 1 too early though, it's like the 3rd week of August. Hopefully all the conference affiliation changes will force them to redo the scheduling completely, because it's horribly done right now. This might be the first year the PAC 10/12 has correct schedules, but I still expect them to screw it up somehow.

As for the OP, the Big 10 schedules were good through year 2 at least for Indiana. I didn't get any further with it than that, but it had the right teams in the right places. It wasn't correct in 10, so they probably fixed it.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
The AI schedules an absurd number of OOC games in weeks 14 and 15. There should be a handful at most. The problems with scheduling all start with week 1. Get a few years into a dynasty and week 1 is like a 2 game slate, usually Marshall-West Virginia and another game. The only reason to have a week 15 is for Army-Navy. Otherwise, no one has 3 byes in the regular season. Everyone should be done by week 14. They start week 1 too early though, it's like the 3rd week of August. Hopefully all the conference affiliation changes will force them to redo the scheduling completely, because it's horribly done right now. This might be the first year the PAC 10/12 has correct schedules, but I still expect them to screw it up somehow.

As for the OP, the Big 10 schedules were good through year 2 at least for Indiana. I didn't get any further with it than that, but it had the right teams in the right places. It wasn't correct in 10, so they probably fixed it.
Correct me if I am wrong but the Big Ten never plays past week 13. I believe Michigan-Ohio State is the is the final Big Ten game of the year, no?

Week 1 has been like that in the past too. Play NCAA 06. The first season has 2 game I believe.

In general I agree that there are still some kinks to be worked out in the scheduling, especially not hard coding some conference traditions like Michigan-OSU being the last game.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Correct me if I am wrong but the Big Ten never plays past week 13. I believe Michigan-Ohio State is the is the final Big Ten game of the year, no?

Week 1 has been like that in the past too. Play NCAA 06. The first season has 2 game I believe.

In general I agree that there are still some kinks to be worked out in the scheduling, especially not hard coding some conference traditions like Michigan-OSU being the last game.
They don't schedule conference games after Thanksgiving, so yeah, they should all be done by week 13. Although I think due to the way the calendar worked out, they played after Thanksgiving this year, but some teams play OOC games later if they want. Usually when someone goes to Hawaii it's in December or the last week of November, and then Illinois and Fresno State had their home and home after conference play too because the Big 10 already had schedules out and then they changed from 11 to 12 game seasons, but didn't reschedule the conference games, so it was pretty tough to fit in a game anywhere else. Same for when Wisconsin play Cal Poly really really late. Nebraska and Iowa next year are playing the Friday after Thanksgiving, but I think that'll be the only one. Now that the Big 10 and PAC 12 have conference championship games, they won't be taking late season trips to Hawaii, so even those are gone now. Scheduling needs to be overhauled entirely. They gotta figure out the 13th game with Hawaii because their decision making privileges on which of the 13 games needs to be taken off the schedule should be revoked after they were taking out conference games. Used to be able to schedule 12 games when there were 11 and I had 13 on NCAA 04 before, can't see the problem now. And now that the PAC schedules have to be redone, maybe they can get it right for the first time ever. But having games in week 14 is a problem of not having enough games in week 1 when OOC games should be played. Should have like 5 max in the last week, Notre Dame against Stanford/Southern Cal, whoever is going out to Hawaii, whoever is playing BYU, and then maybe 1-2 others at most. Not just eliminating them, but having them make sense would be nice too. I can't take seeing any more USC @ Western Kentucky games in week 15
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »