Home

Hurry up offense

This is a discussion on Hurry up offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16
Hurry up offense

For me, this was one of my favorite features. I would press triangle so many times its not even funny. When they told us about this feature they told us about recruiting lineman and stuff that wouldnt get tired but i dont tthink it mattered. Anyways it was fun for me but sometimes the CPU was just plain stupid when it came to the Hurry up. Why in the world would you run a wildcat play and go hurry up and have your HB at QB barking out signals and calling audibles like hes a pro? and then he throws either 20yds past the receiver or 20yds short of the receiver, and then they go hurry up some more. Its really hard to respect the CPU when they are that stupid. I hope the few problems are fixed with this feature in 12.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Hurry up offense

Yeah, this needs a lot of work, starting with who no huddles. I had to pause the game in disbelief when Washington State was no huddling me in the 1st quarter.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Pro

pirates946's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Yeah, this needs a lot of work, starting with who no huddles. I had to pause the game in disbelief when Washington State was no huddling me in the 1st quarter.
Yeah some of the teams its like why in the world are they going hurry up? haha

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #4
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

I honestly wish some teams didn't line up so fast. There is a difference between a no huddle offense and hurry up. Some teams run a no huddle, but they are not going a thousand miles an hour like Oregon. Some teams take there time to line up, but because they don't huddle they are still lined up in plenty of time to dissect the defense and call the play they want. But a lot of teams do this while not being in a hurry. But I do like the feature, and I agree that it need tweaks.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love to see an auto-no-huddle option. If I'm playing as Oregon (Go Ducks!) I really don't need to mash Triangle after every play, or hold it through a replay or animation. I'd rather line up automatically and start calling my next play. I like it as an option with the button, but I'd also like to set my team to that pace and leave it there without having to press the button an extra 40 times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Pro

pirates946's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPDX
I would love to see an auto-no-huddle option. If I'm playing as Oregon (Go Ducks!) I really don't need to mash Triangle after every play, or hold it through a replay or animation. I'd rather line up automatically and start calling my next play. I like it as an option with the button, but I'd also like to set my team to that pace and leave it there without having to press the button an extra 40 times a game.
Yeah thats a good idea. Sometimes when you press triangle during a replay over and over it still shows the whole replay and then sometimes doesnt even go hurry up.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

My only complaint with this feature is that it is done far too quickly. There is a difference between a no-huddle offense and a two minute offense.

Speaking of the two minute offense, how ridiculous is it when the CPU players line up in like two seconds when in their two minute offense? It's pretty awful.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0

They need to fix this for online play next year. You should be about to no huddle from a 2TE, 1FB, 2WR, 1HB formation to a five wide setup. There should be some sort of waiting on appropriate players being substituted in before the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »