Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide

None of these offensive plays look all that 'fresh' or like something I'll use... It's not that I don't appreciate the new plays, but it's kind of discouraging that a) there are only 25 total new plays offensively and defensively and b) it's probably going to be a back of the box type feature.

I'm hoping for more pass plays that utilize option routes or some other cool stuff that they don't have much of like delayed routes from TEs, TE screens, timing type plays, shovel passes, more bootlegs, designed rollouts, new routes in general, etc.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #18
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
It's already been said a thousand times, but the only way this works is if the play action is better. Hopefully this play works as it seems like a play I would run on a 3 and 4 or something.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide

this play is in the game!(nevada playbook, i think). the only difference is TE(a) does a drag over the middle, reciever(x) does one of those crazy out, post routes.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
None of these offensive plays look all that 'fresh' or like something I'll use... It's not that I don't appreciate the new plays, but it's kind of discouraging that a) there are only 25 total new plays offensively and defensively and b) it's probably going to be a back of the box type feature.

I'm hoping for more pass plays that utilize option routes or some other cool stuff that they don't have much of like delayed routes from TEs, TE screens, timing type plays, shovel passes, more bootlegs, designed rollouts, new routes in general, etc.
I doubt that there are only 25 new plays total added to the game. with a couple O plays, they added new formations. unless those formations are sub-sets of pre-existing ones, they'd have to add more plays to those formations for them to be playable.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #21
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
I doubt that there are only 25 new plays total added to the game. with a couple O plays, they added new formations. unless those formations are sub-sets of pre-existing ones, they'd have to add more plays to those formations for them to be playable.
it was already stated by EA that there were more than 25 new plays in NCAA 12. they are just highlighting 25 of them.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Hopefully we can get the play action without being sacked
Well said and to the point. 25 new plays mean nothing if they can't be utilized at all due to poor line blocking and defensive ball players who are omniscient.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it was already stated by EA that there were more than 25 new plays in NCAA 12. they are just highlighting 25 of them.
I was replying to another poster who made mention of only 25 new plays. i hadn't seen where EA made that statement, but if it's out there, then we're golden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »