Home

EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

This is a discussion on EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #33
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
I'm going to ask a question:

Do we all know that you can change your recruiting stuff, right? Like, you can pick if you think quarterbacks are more important to your team than, say, DT's... And you can pick which kinds you like (ex. I want scrambling quarterbacks more than pocket passers. Or I want more run-type defenders than pass-type.) I'm pretty sure this may only be for your recruiting board, but another question is, would this affect off-season?
it already affects the game because each team has their own formations. I don't think this affects simming, just playing the game. I've trashed a great undefeated team that I was afraid of before that ran plays for a scrambling QB with the option except they had a slow QB so it messed that whole gameplan up. Georgia Tech is obviously who I'm talking about
Old 03-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #34
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew21
Online dynasty yes, but I can tell you I've gone through years and years of offline dynasty. And that's with the bare bones version they have now. If they made dynasty great this year, I will play it for ages.
There's no way the average length of offline dynasties is much longer. And I'd bet that almost certainly the avg length of offline dynasties isn't >5 years (the length of time it'd take to have all CPU generated players.) Only reason I talked about online dynasties so much was because it's easier to find data about how long they typically last.

Of course people who post on sites like this will tend to have longer dynasties, online and offline. This site is made up mainly of hardcore gamers. A lot of people are getting it confused and thinking they're the rule, when they're actually the exception. I feel like people keep missing this point and talking about how they play their dynasties forever when it has little to do with what I'm actually trying to say.

For every one guy here who is in year 2030 of their dynasty there's probably 20 guys who played a season or two then quit. You can tell EA sort of caters to those people. They clearly do not test their dynasty mode past a few years, or at least don't test it enough. It took two tuner sets/patches just to improve recruits and they're still deeply flawed.

Last edited by poopoop; 03-23-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #35
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
There's no way the average length of offline dynasties is much longer. And I'd bet that almost certainly the avg length of offline dynasties isn't >5 years (the length of time it'd take to have all CPU generated players.) Only reason I talked about online dynasties so much was because it's easier to find data about how long they typically last.

Of course people who post on sites like this will tend to have longer dynasties, online and offline. This site is made up mainly of hardcore gamers. A lot of people are getting it confused and thinking they're the rule, when they're actually the exception. I feel like people keep missing this point and talking about how they play their dynasties forever when it has little to do with what I'm actually trying to say.

For every one guy here who is in year 2030 of their dynasty there's probably 20 guys who played a season or two then quit. You can tell EA sort of caters to those people. They clearly do not test their dynasty mode past a few years, or at least don't test it enough. It took two tuner sets/patches just to improve recruits and they're still deeply flawed.
My opinion on why offline dynasties are longer is because the person playing the game doesn't have an internet connection to play online, doesn't want to deal with cheesers, can't schedule games due to work schedule (user vs user), would like to advance at will (this is me, some days I'll play/recruit 4-5 days in 1 real time day) and I'm sure I can go on why offline dynasty is just as equal to online dynasty. I would seriously say it's about 50/50 with a lot of people (mostly younger ones) doing both.

The thing that the gaming industry fails to realize is the current 30 year olds played video games when they were younger and still do participate, but jumping online is usually not as much as an option because of the age.

First part I bolded for that ^ and 2nd part because I 100% agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Custom Playbooks and a Legacy mode type of Dynasty mode would add alot of depth to Offline Dynasty mode. Custom Playbooks would stop users from trying different playbooks each game. It adds the ability to recruit to your own playbook. It would be perfect for Teambuilder teams. A legacy type Dynasty would be perfect for me. I would love to start out as a Non-AQ 1 star school then build my way up.
I would really like if Player Tendencies to be in NCAA 12, but there is a great chance that will be MAdden little brother again and have to wait for leftovers.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #37
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
If you build a badA** Dynasty mode, People will play it.
Thats the best way to put it. If the product is innovative and fun to play, people will play it. People play games like The Sims for multiple playthroughs because it offers many ways to approach a situation. Right now dynasty is just games and recruiting, but if they put more into the game and gave the player full control of their team in all aspects, dynasties would last longer. If dynasty was like more like the Franchise mode or dynasty mode from the PS2 Maddens and NCAAs, don't they think it wold keep more people around?

A few things I could think of are:
-Gameplay fixes and player logic fixes
-Becoming the AD
-Micro-managing your stadium and events (White outs, spelling things in the crowd, etc.)
-Stadium Renovations
-Player discipline, player attitudes, players playing to their strengths
-Custom play creator and custom playbooks
-Custom Jerseys after time
-Practice Drills (7 on 7 pass, 9 on 7 run, 1 on 1 routes, etc.)
-Game Preparation (Full scouting reports of your opponents playcalling and tendencies{It was on the PS2!!})
-Coaching Carosel (Come on that was on the PS2 also)

......Maybe in NCAA 13.....
Old 03-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #38
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

they most likely can't do a stadium editor b/c of licensing, but it would be nice to be able to create a stadium like on the ps2 maddens. considering that dynasty is the only mode i play outside of playing friends online, a coaching carousel is a must. this was an option on gamebreaker on the psx in '99, how the hell is it not an option 13 years later?!? if not that, i want some progress. the dynasty mode was sooooooo much better on the ps2.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #39
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Custom Playbooks and a Legacy mode type of Dynasty mode would add alot of depth to Offline Dynasty mode. Custom Playbooks would stop users from trying different playbooks each game. It adds the ability to recruit to your own playbook. It would be perfect for Teambuilder teams. A legacy type Dynasty would be perfect for me. I would love to start out as a Non-AQ 1 star school then build my way up.
I would really like if Player Tendencies to be in NCAA 12, but there is a great chance that will be MAdden little brother again and have to wait for leftovers.
You and NightTrain, the guy under this post I quoted said it was on PS2. What was your favorite game with the most options when it came to dynasty on PS2? What about best playable game or coach/watch mode game?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
You and NightTrain, the guy under this post I quoted said it was on PS2. What was your favorite game with the most options when it came to dynasty on PS2? What about best playable game or coach/watch mode game?
Are you talking about a NCAA game? If so then NCAA 06 or 07.
My favorite game with dynasty/season mode is 2k5 or madden 05. Player morales, mel kiper, espn, radio guy in madden. alot of key features.
I wish I never lost/got stolen my PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »