Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.
I like that idea, and the thing that I think would really help would with zone coverage is that when a receiver enters that players zone they need to follow that player through their zone not just go to that zone and then read and react to the pass. This way zone could be beat but the Qb would have to be patient till the holes developed or a zone cleared, thus also solving pass rush problems. If you have a good zone defense you dline has more time to get to the qb, or if your dline is really good your zone defense doesn't have to be highly rated.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Hell Yeah !!!!
MY highschool football team runs this formation.....sorta

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I hope the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 ailgnments are fixed to make them viable defense this year

sent from parts unknown
You serious? 3-3-5 is the best defense in the game this year. The man alignments don't work properly vs certain sets but it depends on what man defense you call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.
Brilliant! Simple and extremely informative.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I played QB in high school and hated this defense...well Mike Backer had free roam of gap to blitz in which completely screwed up timing. However I will say this, as a QB I like seeing zone behind this defense instead of man cover 2. Because defenses could run a safety/corner cover 2 behind the man cover or corner/corner cover 2 with safety playing man. I understand that will not be option in game, but hated when teams ran this scheme. Plus a Mike Backer in your face on every play is not fun.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

If they improve the zone, this play looks awesome. That said, I've still had success with zone coverage online... probably just as much success with zone as with man.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Zone doesn't work cause instead of players covering zones pertaining to were they are on the field, they cover a designated spot every time. Been that way since '10, but wasn't in last gen games. Call zone from the hash and watch your backers drop to where they would if you were in the middle.

Thats why the zones are so easy to pick apart. Calling zone from the middle works well (I've always found atleast) because the players actually drop to correct spots.

That being said, if zone is fixed to be hash relative and no fixed, this could be a very nice play. I've always ran a heavy blitzing system and sometimes would like to run zones without having to blitz both corners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #16
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrettness
Zone doesn't work cause instead of players covering zones pertaining to were they are on the field, they cover a designated spot every time. Been that way since '10, but wasn't in last gen games. Call zone from the hash and watch your backers drop to where they would if you were in the middle.

Thats why the zones are so easy to pick apart. Calling zone from the middle works well (I've always found atleast) because the players actually drop to correct spots.

That being said, if zone is fixed to be hash relative and no fixed, this could be a very nice play. I've always ran a heavy blitzing system and sometimes would like to run zones without having to blitz both corners.
Bingo you hit it right on the head. Most of the time your zones get burned b/c of this and the fact defenders don't adjust there drops/alignment according to formation. If a CB is cover 2 and its only a TE on his side, in the game the CB will line up way outside as if a WR was out there; when in real life he would play closer to the LOS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »