Home

Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

This is a discussion on Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Well, you would know what is easy to add and what isn't, right?
Yea shouldn't be a hard feature to add especially since its been on games before.. You know something I don't? You act like you got offended by me saying that.. Haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #26
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

making cheese plays
Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #27
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yea shouldn't be a hard feature to add especially since its been on games before..
Just because it's been in games before doesn't necessarily mean that it's an easy feature to add.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
So you know how EA models playbooks?
For certain, no. But I also am familiar with database functionality. An someone with even basic programming understanding could tell you, it's a 99% certainty that this is how they do it. Simply let me pick X amount of formations and add them to my playbook. It's not hard, at all.

Last edited by saunders45; 03-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #29
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
I have no problem with custom playbooks as long as they are not allowed in ranked online matches or Online Dynasties.
Much rather not even have it if that were the case...both Madden and NCAA...

Some of us actually play both offline AND online...doing that would no doubt make you an either or person. If you can't do online dynasty/franchise with CPBs, then it shouldn't be used at all IMO...
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

It looks like they're going to tell us that we get custom playbooks, too, once the 25 days is up. I was going through the play art they've shown us, thus far, and I see that the descriptions don't say that the plays are only in specific playbooks, they just say who used it last year, so maybe we will get the custom playbooks after all.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
Much rather not even have it if that were the case...both Madden and NCAA...

Some of us actually play both offline AND online...doing that would no doubt make you an either or person. If you can't do online dynasty/franchise with CPBs, then it shouldn't be used at all IMO...
Seriously. Just make it an option, just like every other feature than can be turned on or off. Some of us actually want playbooks remotely resembling our real life teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #32
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
For certain, no. But I also am familiar with database functionality. An someone with even basic programming understanding could tell you, it's a 99% certainty that this is how they do it. Simply let me pick X amount of formations and add them to my playbook. It's not hard, at all.
Just because some OS users have some programming knowledge, it's not intelligent to believe they know internal code hierarchies and domain modeling.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »