Home

Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

This is a discussion on Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #41
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I think the more important Madden feature found in the Teaser yesterday that needs to be in NCAA is Player Tendencies.
With that we can finally get Denard Robinson playing like Denard Robinson and taking off on his own instead of just sitting in the pocket all day like every other QB in the game.
i dont think this is more important than CP, i think they are both very important aspects of the game, what it is more important than is new lighting and dreads....but it seems the CP ppl need to recruit the dreads ppl because they got results...

hopefully all the real concerns about gameplay and things directly ties to gameplay have been addressed

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #42
MVP

berad88's Arena

Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
i dont think this is more important than CP, i think they are both very important aspects of the game, what it is more important than is new lighting and dreads....but it seems the CP ppl need to recruit the dreads ppl because they got results...

hopefully all the real concerns about gameplay and things directly ties to gameplay have been addressed
Disagree, tendancies would allow any play already in the game or through a custom playbook to play out in a more realistic manner.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 007
Just curious....why?
1. It's unrealistic - No team runs the spread, wishbone, pro, air attack all in the same playbook. Yes certain teams do have some sets but you wouldn't see Auburn running their spread offense and a power offense like Wisconsin in the same playbook.

2. It would eliminate playbook diversity. The whole point of "120 ways to win" is trumpeting the diversity found in the play styles of each playbook. The playbooks actually fit the style of each time, I love that. Custom playbooks online would boil down to everyone using the same 20 money plays halfway through the year.

3. Anyone not using a custom playbook would be at a disadvantage - See #2, using a normal playbook you wouldn't be able to pick and choose the "best" plays from each formation putting you at an immediate disadvantage in a competitive match.

4. It would turn an already offensive game into even more of shootout- Being able to create a playbook with the best offensive plays/sets in the game would lead to a huge increase in scoring. I use two playbook and if i could combine the best plays just form those two I don't think I would ever get stopped. Yes you can add created defenses but there are no where near as many effective "defensive money plays" as there are on offense.

Last edited by the veteran; 03-23-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #44
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
1. It's unrealistic - No team runs the spread, wishbone, pro, air attack all in the same playbook. Yes certain teams do have some sets but you wouldn't see Auburn running their spread offense and a power offense like Wisconsin in the same playbook.

2. It would eliminate playbook diversity. The whole point of "120 ways to win" is trumpeting the diversity found in the play styles of each playbook. The playbooks actually fit the style of each time, I love that. Custom playbooks online would boil down to everyone using the same 20 money plays halfway through the year.

3. Anyone not using a custom playbook would be at a disadvantage - See #2, using a normal playbook you wouldn't be able to pick and choose the "best" plays from each formation putting you at an immediate disadvantage in a competitive match.

4. It would turn an already offensive game into even more of shootout- Being able to create a playbook with the best offensive plays/sets in the game would lead to a huge increase in scoring. I use two playbook and if i could combine the best plays just form those two I don't think I would ever get stopped. Yes you can add created defenses but there are no where near as many effective "defensive money plays" as there are on offense.
I sound like u don't want it for a bunch of reason out of a person control. In a multiple playbook u may find three different styles. In LSU's, who I use a lot, there is pro, pistol and spread. In my playbook that's what I will have. I already have my playbook planned out if they allow between 20-22 formations (Sad i know). I think introducing many different ways to win will be great, especially for dynasty.

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 03-23-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #45
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I think this post is spot on. Now since I only play offline dynasty I don't ever have think about custom playbooks if they do choose to add it.

Its going to be funny to me though to watch the meltdowns in Madden this year when people are complaining about online games being a Money play fiasco, or if CP's are not allowed online(which will cause another meltdown) people complaining about it being even easier to crush the CPU due to how much custom playbooks have turned their offense into a completely unstoppable Juggernaut. "We need a level higher then All-Madden. This game is too easy for me."

When and if NCAA follows suit, the same reactions will happen with this game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #46
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

The sad thing is all of your reasons are true only because of shortcomings in the game. We SHOULD be able to create custom playbooks (and even custom PLAYS) without worrying about people making a "money playbook" because there should BE NO money plays. So you're saying we shouldn't have a great and logical feature for a football game because the AI is so poor it's easily abused. And you're probably right unfortunately. And that underscores the real problem with the game.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I sound like u don't want it for a bunch of reason out of a person control. In a multiple playbook u may find three different styles. In LSU's, who I use a lot, there is pro, pistol and spread. In my playbook that's what I will have. I already have my playbook planned out if they allow between 20-22 formations (Sad i know). I think introducing many different ways to win will be great, especially for dynasty.
Well them you will have to choose multiple playbook and miss out on some specific plays that are in dedicated pro, pistol and spread books. That's a give and take, how it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
The sad thing is all of your reasons are true only because of shortcomings in the game. We SHOULD be able to create custom playbooks (and even custom PLAYS) without worrying about people making a "money playbook" because there should BE NO money plays. So you're saying we shouldn't have a great and logical feature for a football game because the AI is so poor it's easily abused. And you're probably right unfortunately. And that underscores the real problem with the game.
That's true but all plays aren't created equal. Even with the BEST AI ever created offensive playbooks contain "filler plays". Some work for minimal gain, some get stopped easily and some that don't work at all but they keep a good variety in each set. With costume playbooks you can eliminate the "filler" so custom playbooks will always be superior to a default one.

I have 0 problem with custom playbooks, just not for any ranked competitive use.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #48
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
1. It's unrealistic
Yeah, it's completely unrealistic for a team to be able to choose what plays and formations they use. We should be limited to a set of predefined playbooks just like real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »