Home

ncaa 12 blog #2?

This is a discussion on ncaa 12 blog #2? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ncaa 12 blog #2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Lighting is the difference between live action and cartoons. There is nothing more important to the environment and colors than lighting. I was in practice mode in NCAA 12 yesterday, in the indoor practice field, and while watching a replay I saw my QB drop into the light beam that comes through the windows near the rafters and was mesmerized and how realistic it looked. You could almost feel the warmth the light produced. Quite awesome.
I hope it pulls me in, and really sells me that I'm in that environment. The only problem will be the fact that the gameplay will PULL me out of the moment. As you said dropping your QB into the light beam, seeing that X receiver running the post, throwing the ball, giving it some air, AND BOOM the Mike linebacker jumps up and to the left so high that the bottom of his cleats are even with the belt of another player and bats down the pass. Now it doesn't matter about the light beam, the gameplay just ruined the presentation. Address those little issues in between the lighting and a lot of us would shut up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon6 Re: ncaa 12 blog #2?

Good to see my Florida gators pro combat uniform.Here's hoping the orange jersey they wore for the LSU game(and lost:P) will also be included.Also the throwbacks with white helmet would be cool too.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #27
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am a big RTG player. So I would be glad for improvement. I didnt even play Dynasty until last year because no improvements to RTG.
But, RTG shouldnt be the biggest annoucements. Besides Gameplay(which should be the biggest), Dynasty should be bigger improvement. "Be a Pro" modes should be a good appetizer to a full course meal/Dynasty.
I'm glad to see that even someone who plays RTG primarily understands that the meat and potatoes of the game is gameplay and dynasty mode.

One of the things that NBA 2K has done extremely well is gotten their gameplay and their association mode down first. They have a great core to their game regardless, and that allows them to work on things like "My Player" and adding the "Jordan Challenges".

To me, NCAA has the greatest potential out of all the sports games that are out there. The depth that they could add to dynasty mode (online & off) could make it the deepest sports game out there. There is just so much potential tied into recruiting, player development, position coaches, etc that other sports can't offer.

NBA 2K has done a great job but you are still only working on building your team of 15 players. If NCAA did it right with recruiting 85 scholarship players + 20 walk-ons, developing them based on different coaching and player attributes and tendencies, it could be the most addictive game ever.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #28
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I'm glad to see that even someone who plays RTG primarily understands that the meat and potatoes of the game is gameplay and dynasty mode.

One of the things that NBA 2K has done extremely well is gotten their gameplay and their association mode down first. They have a great core to their game regardless, and that allows them to work on things like "My Player" and adding the "Jordan Challenges".

To me, NCAA has the greatest potential out of all the sports games that are out there. The depth that they could add to dynasty mode (online & off) could make it the deepest sports game out there. There is just so much potential tied into recruiting, player development, position coaches, etc that other sports can't offer.

NBA 2K has done a great job but you are still only working on building your team of 15 players. If NCAA did it right with recruiting 85 scholarship players + 20 walk-ons, developing them based on different coaching and player attributes and tendencies, it could be the most addictive game ever.
My dawg, I dont think that statement could have been any more "Realer". Its the truth man.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4

Agreed.
I use to only play Be A Pro modes. But NCAA Dynasty has so much potential it is not funny.
I would be glad for RTG improvement. But if Dynasty is not improved vastly, I would be disappointed. They should follow NBA 2k's path. They focused on Gameplay and Association first, then worked on My Player.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #30
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

I was so confident that there would be at least a pic and little piece of info today. guess not
Old 03-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
I was so confident that there would be at least a pic and little piece of info today. guess not
Most likely nothing until next week. Not worried yet. But I want to at least hear something from the Devs even "Hey, a pic will be uploaded next week" or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #32
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Personally, I'm not expecting new info till they finish the cover voting. I've felt that way for the last week now.

Madden is waiting till the Draft/the end of the cover vote, so I think NCAA is doing the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »