Home

Let us set our own position requirements

This is a discussion on Let us set our own position requirements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Let us set our own position requirements

You can go to recruiting board settings, and set FB importance to low, and see if that helps.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 03-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
You can go to recruiting board settings, and set FB importance to low, and see if that helps.
I think that's only for CPU recruiting so it knows which players to focus on signing.

Changing your playbook after the bowl games helps a little because it changes the min requirements of certain positions. But it also means you might have to over recruit at another position (ie a spread playbook would require a lot more receivers but fewer FB/TE than a one back playbook).
Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I think that's only for CPU recruiting so it knows which players to focus on signing.

Changing your playbook after the bowl games helps a little because it changes the min requirements of certain positions. But it also means you might have to over recruit at another position (ie a spread playbook would require a lot more receivers but fewer FB/TE than a one back playbook).
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about that actually lol
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I think we should be able to set our own requirements. That means if I run a spread and I don't want a FB then I should be able to have scheme them out of my recruiting plans. Also if I run a 335 and I want more safeties that should be a matter of making my low end higher so I can have more on the roster to fill my depth.
Yes, this sucks. However, a little tweak within the system works for me. (I rarely run the spread, but when I do...)

Do not recruit a FB in your first season. Then, remove all FBs after season 1 and switch a 3rd/4th/5th string RB to FB. I try to find a good pass blocking RB (they are rare) to plug in there. Or, if I don't have a RB that works for me, I'll throw a TE in there.

Most of the time, no matter the offense, I'll put a blocking TE in for my FB. The TEs tend to have better speed and accel and much better pass block ratings.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
Yes, this sucks. However, a little tweak within the system works for me. (I rarely run the spread, but when I do...)

Do not recruit a FB in your first season. Then, remove all FBs after season 1 and switch a 3rd/4th/5th string RB to FB. I try to find a good pass blocking RB (they are rare) to plug in there. Or, if I don't have a RB that works for me, I'll throw a TE in there.

Most of the time, no matter the offense, I'll put a blocking TE in for my FB. The TEs tend to have better speed and accel and much better pass block ratings.
This is basically what I do. I'll recruit an extra TE and make them a fullback. If I'm short on TEs, like in my current season in my OD, I converted a RB who wouldn't play much/get redshirted to a FB (I signed 4 4 star HBs this season. Converted one of the 2 that would be redshirted to FB. Was the better overall one at FB).

I run the Pistol. Indiana's version. Only time my FB is in the game is in the goal line. I have no I formation, so I definitely don't need a FB. So it makes sense for me to do this. If I'm playing a pro style (as I do when I'm Va Tech), I like to recruit a 2 or 3 star FB, because they come in as a decent overall (due to FBs being rated lower recruit wise).
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with this. I run the R&S with Hawaii's playbook (I like it a little bit more than SMU's. Not a fan of SG Y-Trips) and I don't know why I'm required to recruit FB's and TE's. They don't see the field. I'm in 4 wide all the time. In the goal line set, I usually take my taller backup WR's and use them at TE, and throw a backup lineman in there at FB.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Great idea by OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
no doubt. i end up having the cut a decent player b/c i have to keep some crappy walk-on as my fullback or 3rd string linebacker. i don't expect it to change, we'll get moving wind socks instead.
This! Two thumbs up BROman.

I can't stand the fact that I have to have a crappy walk-on on my roster that'll never see the light of day but he forces me to cut someone else or depth at another position only because I "have to have" two fullbacks (or substitute any other position) on my roster for it to be in compliance.

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #16
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

equally frustrating is having to recruit a kicker and a punter when you really only need one if that guy is good enough. i also find it annoying that i can't red shirt a young punter because the kicker is a senior... considering the fact that we already have smaller rosters than a typical school, it becomes even more frustrating that we are required to recruit for unneeded positions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »