Home

When will the NCAA series get out of beta?

This is a discussion on When will the NCAA series get out of beta? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
When will the NCAA series get out of beta?

Seriously, EA is releasing an extended beta version of their game and passing it off as new stuff. When will we see this or that? I see way too many wishlists that have old features from NCAA 06 on the Playstation 2 and Xbox. Its nice to see the visual upgrades but the GAMEPLAY is what keeps people playing.

1.)Will there be a coaching carousel?
-Its pretty ridiculous that there isn't one. A dynasty can go for 60 years with no drastic change to any program. Same team, same broken strategy.

2.)Will blocking be as fluid as it was before the 360 and PS3?
-I get really frustrated when players do the darndest things like:
2a.)Running away from defenders downfield
2b.)Forgetting to block a nose guard on counter
2c.)Actually blocking the weakside end and leaving the weak linebcker who makes the play
2d.)Falling down on double teams? WTF? Its 2 Vs 1 and all 3 of them fall down?
2e.)Receivers attempting to slow down the corners on run plays
2f.)More blocking schemes and better assignments
2g.)Cut blocks that cause massive pileups
2h.)Better line play to put an end to nano blitzing
2i.)Pulling guards that can block and ones that actually earhole dumb defensive ends that sprint upfield like Pop Warner kids.

3.)Will tackling be as fluid as it was before the 360 and PS3?
3a.)If you run too close to your blocker who is engaged, the defender just says forget the blockers and skates to the ball carrier. Why?
3b.)Defenders on the right side shifting over to make a tackle on the left when they could have easily made a tackle from their current position.
3c.)Consecutive hit tackles need no explanation but they need to replace Pro-Tak because no defender is dumb enough to push the pile forward.

4.)Defense
4a.)LeBron James type linebackers and defensive linemen who never miss a swat and jump 40 in verticals.
4b.)Defenders that react to the button presses as opposed to whats on the field.
4c.)Coverage needs an overhaul.
4d.)Defensive tackles collapsing the middle of the offensive line instead of shedding a block and chasing down the play.
4e.)Speed rushers
4f.)Corners that attempt to pretend that they think the receiver might run a route instead filling hard making a real coach think he could run a play action pass
4g.)Pressure with 4 linemen on occasions
4h.)How about strong safeties and free safeties having a bigger role than left or right.
4i.)Man Lock so cheesers can't tell whether its man or zone once they break the huddle

5.)Players
5a.)Why does it seem like all of the players can play any position on any side of the ball on Heisman. I get frustrated when the computer has a left guard at slot who lays out of a pass like he's Reggie Wayne. Players should only be able to use certain animations if they are the right position and have a high enough skill.

I'm Mizzou playing against Nebraska in like year 20 of and OD I'm in.

5b.)How come I play against a QB like Cam Newton and he can't read the end in read option and never tries to make a play with his legs in the pass game. That goes for all scramblers.
5c.)Players playing to their strengths, whether it be size, speed, ability. It seems like all spreads teams play the same even if the concepts are different from one another and Pro style teams are just bad.

6.)Special Teams
6a.)No Blocking on returns and the defense reacts to your button presses instantly like your controlling the CPU too.
6b.)No blocked punts or field goals. I actually learned how to do both but I feel like its cheating because its not available for all to do.

I think thats it but I'm sure everybody has their own gripes but mine lie mainly in the lack of fluid gameplay. As much as I would love other features, I would mainly love to play a 60 year dynasty without wanting to turn my game off because something jacked up happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: When will the NCAA series get out of beta?

You will be waiting a long, long time before all those changes implemented.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

90% of your list that "as it was before the 360 and PS3" never existed in previous versions of NCAA. Ever.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

This year is my last hope honestly. If they can't make a big jump this year in terms of physics and football fundamentals, than it seems pretty clear to me that they either can't, or are unwilling to do so.

I'm tired of spending $65 on team logos and stadiums. I just want football. If EA can't make that leap, then I'll always have NCAA 11 when I want the authentic look and I'll go find a copy of All-Pro Football when I want good football gameplay. It's far from perfect, but it has a lot of football fundamentals down, a fluid passing game, and consecutive-hit tackling.

I'm still really pulling for EA this year. I've been with them since NCAA 2002 on the PS2 and I would love to have the authentic teams along with great gameplay. However, my loyalty is running thin and I'm tired of waiting.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
Seriously, EA is releasing an extended beta version of their game and passing it off as new stuff. When will we see this or that? I see way too many wishlists that have old features from NCAA 06 on the Playstation 2 and Xbox. Its nice to see the visual upgrades but the GAMEPLAY is what keeps people playing.

1.)Will there be a coaching carousel?
-Its pretty ridiculous that there isn't one. A dynasty can go for 60 years with no drastic change to any program. Same team, same broken strategy.

2.)Will blocking be as fluid as it was before the 360 and PS3?
-I get really frustrated when players do the darndest things like:
2a.)Running away from defenders downfield
2b.)Forgetting to block a nose guard on counter
2c.)Actually blocking the weakside end and leaving the weak linebcker who makes the play
2d.)Falling down on double teams? WTF? Its 2 Vs 1 and all 3 of them fall down?
2e.)Receivers attempting to slow down the corners on run plays
2f.)More blocking schemes and better assignments
2g.)Cut blocks that cause massive pileups
2h.)Better line play to put an end to nano blitzing
2i.)Pulling guards that can block and ones that actually earhole dumb defensive ends that sprint upfield like Pop Warner kids.

3.)Will tackling be as fluid as it was before the 360 and PS3?
3a.)If you run too close to your blocker who is engaged, the defender just says forget the blockers and skates to the ball carrier. Why?
3b.)Defenders on the right side shifting over to make a tackle on the left when they could have easily made a tackle from their current position.
3c.)Consecutive hit tackles need no explanation but they need to replace Pro-Tak because no defender is dumb enough to push the pile forward.

4.)Defense
4a.)LeBron James type linebackers and defensive linemen who never miss a swat and jump 40 in verticals.
4b.)Defenders that react to the button presses as opposed to whats on the field.
4c.)Coverage needs an overhaul.
4d.)Defensive tackles collapsing the middle of the offensive line instead of shedding a block and chasing down the play.
4e.)Speed rushers
4f.)Corners that attempt to pretend that they think the receiver might run a route instead filling hard making a real coach think he could run a play action pass
4g.)Pressure with 4 linemen on occasions
4h.)How about strong safeties and free safeties having a bigger role than left or right.
4i.)Man Lock so cheesers can't tell whether its man or zone once they break the huddle

5.)Players
5a.)Why does it seem like all of the players can play any position on any side of the ball on Heisman. I get frustrated when the computer has a left guard at slot who lays out of a pass like he's Reggie Wayne. Players should only be able to use certain animations if they are the right position and have a high enough skill.

http://www.easports.com/static/538.6...ediaplayer.swf flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/ncaa11/146371/662A0001_2_FLV_VIDEO_FvA.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/71530383&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

I'm Mizzou playing against Nebraska in like year 20 of and OD I'm in.

5b.)How come I play against a QB like Cam Newton and he can't read the end in read option and never tries to make a play with his legs in the pass game. That goes for all scramblers.
5c.)Players playing to their strengths, whether it be size, speed, ability. It seems like all spreads teams play the same even if the concepts are different from one another and Pro style teams are just bad.

6.)Special Teams
6a.)No Blocking on returns and the defense reacts to your button presses instantly like your controlling the CPU too.
6b.)No blocked punts or field goals. I actually learned how to do both but I feel like its cheating because its not available for all to do.

I think thats it but I'm sure everybody has their own gripes but mine lie mainly in the lack of fluid gameplay. As much as I would love other features, I would mainly love to play a 60 year dynasty without wanting to turn my game off because something jacked up happens.
Yea seeing a 330 pound olineman diving for a pass like that is very ugly looking and so unreal. They need to improve this with new physics for the players and all to make their weight count and all. But it is very ugly looking and so unimpressive to. But far as when beta it over with. It should be in a matter of another month. Because they only have about 3 and half months left before release time. So it should be going into alpha stage very soon. July is coming up very fast. Can't wait until we get alot more info in the coming months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Disagree. The dive by the olinman isnt the problem. Neither is the catch. Its the cuts and speed hes pulling off. Thats the problem. Dont sell the fat guys short saying they even can't dive for a a catch I mean damn. Fat guys can do these things its the AI forced fail by the user defense that is terrible.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
This right here could/should be expanded to linebackers, corners, dlinemen. The under defense doesn't simply mean the ROLB lines up on the LOS. It means the defense lines up in reaction to the offense's formation. BUT I'm afraid this won't be addressed. Instead cosmetic updates will happen as they are easier to market and to implement.

Last edited by Knight9299; 03-24-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
This right here could/should be expanded to linebackers, corners, dlinemen. The under defense doesn't simply mean the ROLB lines up on the LOS. It means the defense lines up in reaction to the offense's formation. BUT I'm afraid this won't be addressed. Instead cosmetic updates will happen as they are easier to market and to implement.
I completely agree with defenses lining up strong and weak. I hate when the cpu lines up in nickel vs trips and the nickel back is on the iso side covering the rb instead of giving the illusion of man by lining up over the slot on the trips side and not leaving a man uncovered. My #1 defensive tackle should always be on the strong side playing a 3 shade also. There are so many football fundamentals that are not even given a second glance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »