Home

Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

This is a discussion on Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Its a complete and utter joke that medical redshirts are not in this game yet. Its simple programming. Injury? Yes or no. Did it keep player out of a certain percentage of season? Greater than this amount or less. If greater, medical redshirt granted. EA should be able to have a damn intern program this feature.

And no redshirt should not be in week 3. If injury is not involved, a player cannot redshirt if he plays 1 down. Thats all it takes 1 down. Redshirt option is fine where it is.
This is what I found about medical redshirts: Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted an athlete who appears in fewer than 30% of his or her team's competitions (with none coming after the midway point of the season), then suffers a season-ending injury. A player who is granted such a waiver is treated for the purposes of their eligibility as though he or she had not competed in that season.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Its a complete and utter joke that medical redshirts are not in this game yet. Its simple programming. Injury? Yes or no. Did it keep player out of a certain percentage of season? Greater than this amount or less. If greater, medical redshirt granted. EA should be able to have a damn intern program this feature.

And no redshirt should not be in week 3. If injury is not involved, a player cannot redshirt if he plays 1 down. Thats all it takes 1 down. Redshirt option is fine where it is.

This is incorrect. If you Play a down and then break your leg, you can bs redshirted, as long as it does not happen after week 3. A medical redshirt is typically known as a 6th year, and rarely happens.

Example: Trovon Reed played at Auburn last year in game #3, but was redshirted because of a knee injury. He was REDSHIRTED, not given a medical redshirt. There is a difference between the two.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I'm not exactly sure on the true rules of this, but you can actually play some and still take a redshirt. It has something to do with the amount of time played early in the season. For example, Purdue had a true frosh WR play in the first game a few years ago, then they decided to redshirt him. You can do it, so long as they haven't played too much. Now if you play a guy at the end of the season, his redshirt is blown. It'd be neat to see this implemented somehow so you could see how some guys might be able to help you and then redshirt them if you think they won't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
I think that he knows that a redshirted player can't play, but I think that he was referring to the fact that players don't officially become redshirted until later in the year in real life.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

not trying to be a jerk, but the two posters who mentioned the auburn and purdue player are wrong. if you play a down you cannot get a redshirt. medical redshirt is not an official term used by the ncaa. what you can get is a medical hardship (waiver) unofficially referred to as medical redshirt which you have to apply for.

if a guy gets injured in week 3 and is likely out for the season and the coach says were gonna try and get a redshirt or medical redshirt for him its not an instant thing or automatic. it may end up being a slam dunk if the injury happens before game 5 and its serious enough.

so now the question is how will ea implement this. if your player gets injured for say 12 weeks after week 1 but could still get back for your conference title game or the bowl game but would still be questionable and not at 100%, will they still allow you to apply for the "medical redshirt". hopefully they do it right where a technicality doesnt get you screwed.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
not trying to be a jerk, but the two posters who mentioned the auburn and purdue player are wrong. if you play a down you cannot get a redshirt. medical redshirt is not an official term used by the ncaa. what you can get is a medical hardship (waiver) unofficially referred to as medical redshirt which you have to apply for.

if a guy gets injured in week 3 and is likely out for the season and the coach says were gonna try and get a redshirt or medical redshirt for him its not an instant thing or automatic. it may end up being a slam dunk if the injury happens before game 5 and its serious enough.

so now the question is how will ea implement this. if your player gets injured for say 12 weeks after week 1 but could still get back for your conference title game or the bowl game but would still be questionable and not at 100%, will they still allow you to apply for the "medical redshirt". hopefully they do it right where a technicality doesnt get you screwed.
yeah, thats what i heard too. If you play a down or step on the field you cant be redshirted or your redshirt is blown. Im not calling the other guys wrong, im just saying that that doesnt sound right. Im not sayin, im just sayin

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I want my guys at ND to apply for a 5th year

No redshirts here!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

How about we just do it the true realistic way? Don't put people as a redshirt. Just take them out of the depth chart, and if they don't play all year, they receive a redshirt.

And you cannot play a single play and still receive a redshirt. Straight from the definition: NCAA rules are quite clear on the use of redshirt status: any participation in any competition counts as a season of eligibility. For example, even a single play in a football game counts as participation for an entire season, so coaches cannot play redshirt players at the end of a game simply to get them some experience.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »