Home

Gameflow or better Ask corso feature this year?

This is a discussion on Gameflow or better Ask corso feature this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #17
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gameflow or better Ask corso feature this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I used to think like that but having the game call the plays for me is now the only way I like to play. The reason is that it forces me to use plays that I am not good at and it keeps me from relying on plays that work to well. It really is fun and an added challenge to play letting the cpu call the plays. Gameflow would be a nice addition to NCAA.
This...

basically if i run my own plays i end up using 20 or so plays that i know it will have a greater chance of succeed. Also i adapt, while the cpu don`t.

So the only way i get get a realistic but challenging game is by using Ask Coach/Gameflow technique.

It`s great because i also get those dumb calls that the cpu calls many times, like the engage eight and give an easy TD. But at least is even for both sides.

So the last the last two version, 2010 and 2011 i used this technique and now my games are realistic but also challenging without using the same 10 or 20 plays that i know they have greate chances to get my 1st down or TD.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #18
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Having the CPU call your plays doesn't make the game any more realistic, it just dumbs down your playcalling to the CPU's level. The CPU doesn't call plays in a realistic manner, so how could letting the CPU call your plays increase realism?

I think a better solution is just getting to the meat of the problem and making the CPU call better plays to begin with. Also increasing the CPU's ability to pick up on tendencies so calling the same few plays over and over again won't work as well. That would increase the realism and challenge without us intentionally calling plays (or letting the cpu call plays for us) that we know make no sense or have little chance of suceeding.

That's the problem with gameflow IMO it misses the point.

Last edited by poopoop; 03-26-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Having the CPU call your plays doesn't make the game any more realistic, it just dumbs down your playcalling to the CPU's level. The CPU doesn't call plays in a realistic manner, so how could letting the CPU call your plays increase realism?

I think a better solution is just getting to the meat of the problem and making the CPU call better plays to begin with. Also increasing the CPU's ability to pick up on tendencies so calling the same few plays over and over again won't work as well. That would increase the realism and challenge without us intentionally calling plays (or letting the cpu call plays for us) that we know make no sense or have little chance of suceeding.

That's the problem with gameflow IMO it misses the point.
It makes the game more realistic if it's done right. I didn't play Madden last year either, but if they could make Gameflow choose a variety of plays (not run the same play more than a couple times per game) that make sense situationally, then I would use it all the time. It does make more sense in Madden since you actually hire coaches, but calling your own plays often leads to less variety (especially with running plays) and makes having a coach at all kinda pointless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »