Home

For those of you considering a 2012 pre-purchase

This is a discussion on For those of you considering a 2012 pre-purchase within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: For those of you considering a 2012 pre-purchase

Speaking as someone who played and was seriously disappointed with DA2, I can say comparing it to the short comings of NCAA11 is insanely unfair. Unless NCAA12 ships with only ten playable stadiums and overly simplified gameplay, it's light years ahead of what DA2 was supposed to be.

Last edited by prowler; 03-28-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

Pre-ordering seems so useless now. There are sooo many stores that sell video games that you'll eventually find a copy. I've noticed, lately, that Gamestop employees aren't even pushing reserves like they used too a couple of years ago.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Does anybody know if they fix the schedule glitch where they don't alternate home and away games in dynasty. Thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofLCards
Pre-ordering seems so useless now. There are sooo many stores that sell video games that you'll eventually find a copy. I've noticed, lately, that Gamestop employees aren't even pushing reserves like they used too a couple of years ago.
Problem is that company's are giving away free specific to store giveaways. Like Fight Night, Best Buy unlocked Young George Foreman and Gamespot gave away usable Everlast Gear for the fighters as well as a 25,000XP boost for created boxers for online play.

The only way you will ever get Young George Foreman is if you pre-ordered from Best Buy. I can almost guarantee that EA will make something like Combat Uniforms a pre-order only perk. Or give away some dynasty or on-line accelerators to help the cheesers get a leg up.

This is where its headed.

I stand by the statement though of never buy an EA game at launch. It wll be cheaper and patched in a few months and it will save you many hours of aggrevating slider tweaking whic will inevitably be undone with a tuner package.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Problem is that company's are giving away free specific to store giveaways. Like Fight Night, Best Buy unlocked Young George Foreman and Gamespot gave away usable Everlast Gear for the fighters as well as a 25,000XP boost for created boxers for online play.

The only way you will ever get Young George Foreman is if you pre-ordered from Best Buy. I can almost guarantee that EA will make something like Combat Uniforms a pre-order only perk. Or give away some dynasty or on-line accelerators to help the cheesers get a leg up.

This is where its headed.
yo, I feel you on that pre-order thing. but all of that stuff that you can get on pre-order probably will be available, but available as DLC instead.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
yo, I feel you on that pre-order thing. but all of that stuff that you can get on pre-order probably will be available, but available as DLC instead.
I don't think so, and thats the problem. There are many games taht never release the pre-order incentive content.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Every sports game I've played this Gen has needed a patch or two. This is nothing new. But, thanks for the heads up though

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 03-28-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Every sports game I've played this Gen has needed a patch or two. This is nothing new. But, thanks for the heads up though
The point, I think, is that there's a huge difference between a game needing a patch to fix a minor gameplay bug or wrong-colored socks or something, and a game being shipped with significant features or game modes having enormous problems. Putting aside the fact that each patch and tuner update for NCAA '11 actually made the gameplay worse, there are still HUGE problems with glitches and bugs in this game that can ruin entire franchises, and those have never been patched. The whole thing just reeks of either total incompetence or wanton disregard for customers by EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »