Home

FCS schools in 2012??!!

This is a discussion on FCS schools in 2012??!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #33
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FCS schools in 2012??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_SWAT
Team Builder really doesn't serve the purpose of including all the FCS teams in the game. You have a limited number of slots unless you buy more, so I can see why EA wouldn't include them in the game. I would love to see a FCS dynasty, or at least the option to include FCS schools in the FBS dynasty. I had a lot of fun playing NCAA 04 putting all the FCS schools into dynasty mode. It's such a hassle having to look for all the FCS teams online and hoping the rosters are correct and downloading them all.
I just wanted to add to this that Teambuilder does not replace the generic FCS teams which is another reason why Teambuilder does not get the job done.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

This would be great! Those people that it is a feature that wouldn't be used don't have a clue what they are talking about. more people go to fcs schools than fbs schools and they would love playing as their team. All college football fans should get to play as their team that they follow, in a schedule that they play. If we could import all 120 slots from teambuilder it would be great, but since we can't do that it really takes away from the game for us FCS fans. You want to get rid of a feature? Get rid of road to glory or whatever that stupid thing is. People on here complain about the color of their team's facemask, at least your team is on the game. If you don't like it, why don't you build your team with accurate facemasks on teambuilder and take your own advice????
Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
This would be great! Those people that it (say) it is a feature that wouldn't be used don't have a clue what they are talking about. more people go to fcs schools than fbs schools and they would love playing as their team.
Are you sure about that?

FCS schools make up slightly less than half of the Div I schools playing football, and yet they accounted for only 14% of the total attendance last season. If there really were more FCS fans out there than FBS ones that wouldn't be possible.

Quote:
All college football fans should get to play as their team that they follow, in a schedule that they play. If we could import all 120 slots from teambuilder it would be great, but since we can't do that it really takes away from the game for us FCS fans. You want to get rid of a feature? Get rid of road to glory or whatever that stupid thing is.
What about the 390 Div II & III schools that play football? Should EA include them as well?

Last edited by coogrfan; 03-30-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
So I called EA sports yesterday and here is how the phone call went.

Me: Hey, I have a question, will FCS schools be included in this year's addition of NCAA football 2012?

EA: Um, what?

Me: FCS...the football chamionship sub-division.

EA: Uhhhhh...well I THINK you can play with all 120 teams..

Me: I know that, I meant the FCS teams..will the be included?

EA: Please hold, I have to do some research on this sub-division you're talking about.

ME: (On hold, obviously this guy knows NOTHING about college football because it's clear to me he doesn't even know what the FCS is)

ten minutes later...

EA: Yes sir, I asked a few staff members here at EA, and I also did some "research online" and I don't see why the sub-divison teams wouldn't be on there..I THINK they will be on there but I'm not sure.
I think you spoke to Peggy...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

So you are telling me that you would rather have the FCS schools over, coaching carousel, a new physics system, better recruiting, etc? This is my problem with these FCS, dreads, (insert other beauty contest item here), etc; until the core gameplay is fixed and resembles as much of real gameplay as possible, these other items should be put on the back burner.

You do not build a mansion on a shaky foundation.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #38
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

its funny that someone would actually call and think they are going to get real information about the game. You spoke to someone who doesnt even work on the game, they aren't going to give you information about features and stuff that isn't announced yet.

As for whether or not FCS schools are important, while i do think there are other important things in the game it would be nice to finally get rid of those FCS West/Midwest/East/South schools that you're forced to play when a team is scheduled to play a FCS school.

Those saying thats what teambuilder is for, people dont want to have to replace real teams with teambuilder schools just so they can get a realistic schedule.

My only issue with when they had FCS schools in the old games was how bad they made them. Just because they are FCS schools shouldnt mean they dont have a guy above a 75 speed. I have no problem making the teams not as good but at least give them a few players with some speed or skill so you can possibly have some sort of resistance.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

attendance doesn't have anything to do with how many fans they have. Find results that show how many people went to a fbs school compared to those that went to an fcs school, d-2 school, NAIA school, etc...

Coaching carosell would be cool too, but it wouldn't be a lot of work to let us have fcs teams. And a new physics system would be cool to everyone for a week before they started trolling about how unreal it is.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #40
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
attendance doesn't have anything to do with how many fans they have. Find results that show how many people went to a fbs school compared to those that went to an fcs school, d-2 school, NAIA school, etc...

Coaching carosell would be cool too, but it wouldn't be a lot of work to let us have fcs teams. And a new physics system would be cool to everyone for a week before they started trolling about how unreal it is.
Isn't the enrollment at the FBS schools larger than the enrollment at FCS schools. What you're really asking is for us to find out how many people that purchase the game went to FBS schools vs FCS schools which is unrealistic because we will never find that data.

And just because they went to an FCS school doesnt mean they care about their football program. They can still go to an FCS school but care more about their favorite FBS team.

Either way what we're arguing is dumb. We should want them in there so we no longer have to have these generic FCS schools on the schedule in our dynastys. And if people decide they want to play with them as well then they should have that option. And no you dont need to add D2 or D3, they had Division 1 & 1aa in last gen, why wouldnt they be able to do the same for the current gen? Yes other things should be a priority but it isn't like there is 10 people working on this game. There are teams of people working on different aspects of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »