Home

I hope NCAA 12 addressed this

This is a discussion on I hope NCAA 12 addressed this within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Smile I hope NCAA 12 addressed this

Here is a couple of things I hope they did in NCAA 12. I know poeple wanted certain things in visuals and lots wanted gameplay fixed, and I can agree with both, but here is a couple of things I hope they did as well.

#1 CPU Clock Management
I hope they allowed the cpu to run more of the clock off rather than having 12 - to 16 play drives that last any where from 1 and a half minutes to 2 and a quarter minutes. I want to see the CPU sustain a 3 to 7 minute drive which puts me in a panic to try and score quick or watch my chances of winning fade as they control the clock. This way you can actually play full 15 minute quarters because the CPU will finally eat up the clock as they march down the field.

#2 End of game
Here is the 2nd thing I hope they addressed, If the play clock is greater than the game clock, or your under 2 minutes and the winning team has the ball and the loosing team has no more time outs, have the team do its final kneel down and show the coaches and playes running out on the field even though there is only a few seconds left on the clock rather than having the CPU team run pointless plays. If there is now chance for the other team to win or get the ball back you see it in both the NFL and COpllege where there is time left on the game clock but the coaches and players are taking the field because they know the game is over. I feel this should happen as well in both NCAA and in Madden. It is very dull to sit and wait for the clock to expire, and would be much better to watch the teams take the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I hope NCAA 12 addressed this

I haven't played in a like two months but, it seems clock management is based purely on 5 minute quarters. The computer needs to adjust to extended quarters since I think more than half of us play 7+ minute quarters. Personally I do 10.

It just kills me that if the game is put away (CPU +17 points or so) with like 4 minutes left they're still in scoring mode or seems like it. Clock management is on the poor side I think for the game.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
Here is a couple of things I hope they did in NCAA 12. I know poeple wanted certain things in visuals and lots wanted gameplay fixed, and I can agree with both, but here is a couple of things I hope they did as well.

#1 CPU Clock Management
I hope they allowed the cpu to run more of the clock off rather than having 12 - to 16 play drives that last any where from 1 and a half minutes to 2 and a quarter minutes. I want to see the CPU sustain a 3 to 7 minute drive which puts me in a panic to try and score quick or watch my chances of winning fade as they control the clock. This way you can actually play full 15 minute quarters because the CPU will finally eat up the clock as they march down the field.

#2 End of game
Here is the 2nd thing I hope they addressed, If the play clock is greater than the game clock, or your under 2 minutes and the winning team has the ball and the loosing team has no more time outs, have the team do its final kneel down and show the coaches and playes running out on the field even though there is only a few seconds left on the clock rather than having the CPU team run pointless plays. If there is now chance for the other team to win or get the ball back you see it in both the NFL and COpllege where there is time left on the game clock but the coaches and players are taking the field because they know the game is over. I feel this should happen as well in both NCAA and in Madden. It is very dull to sit and wait for the clock to expire, and would be much better to watch the teams take the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
I haven't played in a like two months but, it seems clock management is based purely on 5 minute quarters. The computer needs to adjust to extended quarters since I think more than half of us play 7+ minute quarters. Personally I do 10.

It just kills me that if the game is put away (CPU +17 points or so) with like 4 minutes left they're still in scoring mode or seems like it. Clock management is on the poor side I think for the game.
I agree with the cpu clock management issues. If they are up by a few scores, they will keep trying to score by airing it out down field. Id rather see them use the ground game, eating some of the clock. By them airing it out is how I came back to win a couple of times.

Something I would like to see fixed is the the penalties!! Especially the late hits on the QB. In my Miami dynasty, I was doing well with no injuries going into the 7th game and down goes Jacory! The injury I dont mind, its the late hit he got out of bounds, which injured him for 3 weeks, that got me upset.
I hope EA addresses a bunch of the issues this year
Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree. All these small presentation errors add up... And the CPU has downright Ugly clock management.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

They need to *** the CPU calling TO in the 2nd and 4th quarter around the 2:01 mark. They do it like clockwork.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
Here is a couple of things I hope they did in NCAA 12. I know poeple wanted certain things in visuals and lots wanted gameplay ***ed, and I can agree with both, but here is a couple of things I hope they did as well.

#1 CPU Clock Management

#2 End of game
Here is the 2nd thing I hope they addressed, If the play clock is greater than the game clock, or your under 2 minutes and the winning team has the ball and the loosing team has no more time outs, have the team do its final kneel down and show the coaches and playes running out on the field even though there is only a few seconds left on the clock rather than having the CPU team run pointless plays. If there is now chance for the other team to win or get the ball back you see it in both the NFL and COpllege where there is time left on the game clock but the coaches and players are taking the field because they know the game is over. I feel this should happen as well in both NCAA and in ******. It is very dull to sit and wait for the clock to expire, and would be much better to watch the teams take the field.
Agree 100%. The introduction of tempo and the 10 second runnoff after plays was a step in the right direction, but it needs work. The CPU shouldn't wait until very late in the 4th quarter to start running down the clock if it has a big lead. Also, the normal setting shouldn't have the CPU snap the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock. In my opinion, improving things like images of fans, grass detail, etc. is meaningless if clock management is still as poor as it is.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Banned

SW Iowa Guy's Arena

OVR: 5
Angry Re: I hope NCAA 12 addressed this

Linebackers that have a 75" vertical would be something else that needs ***ing
Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

On the flip side, the hurry-up timing needs to be a**usted as well; if the CPU is down late in a game, they are completing 15-20 yard passes, running to the line, and getting the next snap off before (or just after) the game clock starts again, so from snap to snap on a 20-yard gain only 3 or 4 seconds are running off the clock. That's just ridiculous; teams can literally drive the length of the field with short to intermediate passes in 20-30 seconds of game time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »