Home

If Disc Space is an Issue for NCAA Football...

This is a discussion on If Disc Space is an Issue for NCAA Football... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: If Disc Space is an Issue for NCAA Football...

Call me a skeptic but, the NCAA series hasn't been a failure on this gen because of space
limitations. Using history as a guide, more memory will not save the NCAA brain trust from itself.

A poor **** who wins the lotto doesn't become a wise man. He becomes a rich ****.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #10
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
Call me a skeptic but, the NCAA series hasn't been a failure on this gen because of space
limitations. Using history as a guide, more memory will not save the NCAA brain trust from itself.

A poor **** who wins the lotto doesn't become a wise man. He becomes a rich ****.
Memory and disk space are two totally different things.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not sure if disc space is the issue because the PS2 ad original Xbox use the same medium, a DVD format disc. The PS2 and Xbox versions are far superior with more options to the 'next gen' counterparts at the expense of graphics (because of the hardware).

I'm not opposed to having games compressed on the disc and having to install them if we get a richer experience in all facets of the game i.e. GAMEPLAY, commentary, teams, features in Road to Glory/Dynasty. Since we're getting a bare bones version of a game we can play on older consoles, I doubt disc space is an issue though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
I'm not sure if disc space is the issue because the PS2 ad original Xbox use the same medium, a DVD format disc. The PS2 and Xbox versions are far superior with more options to the 'next gen' counterparts at the expense of graphics (because of the hardware).

I'm not opposed to having games compressed on the disc and having to install them if we get a richer experience in all facets of the game i.e. GAMEPLAY, commentary, teams, features in Road to Glory/Dynasty. Since we're getting a bare bones version of a game we can play on older consoles, I doubt disc space is an issue though.
The hardware allows the graphics to be seen on your tv/monitor but all the stuff having to do with the graphics has to be put on the disk so that the hardware can read it. Not completely sure what you ment but yes all the art/graphics do take up disk space.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
The hardware allows the graphics to be seen on your tv/monitor but all the stuff having to do with the graphics has to be put on the disk so that the hardware can read it. Not completely sure what you ment but yes all the art/graphics do take up disk space.
Audio also takes up space to. They probably dont use all the space possible.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:15 AM   #14
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
The disc is hardware too.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The disk is software.

Anyways, disk space and the engine they are using is the problem. EA can tell us that it is not the problem all they want but that is, in my opinon, lies.

If EA actually said disk space was an issue because of the 360 then they would be publicly criticizing the company that EA needs to reach half of their marketplace.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the PS3 is a superior system to the 360, hence games like MLB 11 THE SHOW, Little Big Planet 2, Killzone, (Hopefully SOCOM 4 will be viable for this list but i digress).

The other excuse is the engine. This leads to two conclusions, the engine is maxed out snd cannot allow for any real improvements or EA Tiburon has no desire to make this game a better sim.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The disk is software.
No, the disc is hardware. The content of the disc is software, but the disc itself is hardware.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »