Home

120 Ways to Win? Yeah Right (Warning! Rant Incoming!)

This is a discussion on 120 Ways to Win? Yeah Right (Warning! Rant Incoming!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
120 Ways to Win? Yeah Right (Warning! Rant Incoming!)

As many of you know, NCAA 11's slogan was 120 ways to win. Well, I would just like to say I feel this is completely untrue! Take a team like San Jose State or North Texas. What shot do they have of winning in a Dynasty or in Online Play? Unless the opponent is FCS Midwest or Western Kentucky, the answer is no chance. In reality, only the teams in AQ conferences have a chance. Iowa State has a chance of beating Boise St. in this game, but Nevada doesn't stand a chance against Baylor! The lowest prestige for an AQ Team is 2 stars (Indiana, Louisville, Baylor, Duke), even though those teams are nothing special (No offence to their fans, but some of those are 1* teams, imho). Whereas almost half of the Non-AQ Teams are 1* (SDSU, FIU, MTSU, Miami OH, Western Michigain). All those teams were bowl eligible. Basically the rest of the non-AQ teams are 2*, with few exceptions. Try playing a dynasty a non-AQ team and look at their pitches. Boise St, with the 2nd highest Football Player Graduation rate in the FBS, has a C+ Academics. Alabama, who graduates about 40% of football players, has a B+. What?! All these pitches are swayed against non-AQ teams!

Also, I played my 2nd Online game today. As Nevada vs Tennesse, I had:

-More Fumbles than broken tackles
-More drops thn completions
-2 Pick 6es
-2 Strip 6es
-Gave up 50 some points
-Scored 14 Points
-Had fewer yards in the whole game than my opponent had in the 1st quarter

Also, I assure you I'm not a bad player, and my opponent wasn't cheesing (He played fairly the whole game), but the game seems to give the AQ Conference teams an obnoxious advantage!

Gaah!

(Rant over)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 120 Ways to Win? Yeah Right (Warning! Rant Incoming!)

Boise State's academics are a joke. They are not even a research university, only offer 9 PhD programs and Forbes (not a fan, but it will give an idea), ranked the university 545th academically. That is probably the biggest reason that they will never get an invite into an AQ conference. And compared to those that are in one, a C+ is generous.

Edit: Accordingly, Academic ratings are about the quality of the university, not graduation rates. I would have given Bama a B personally, but I can't be mad at a B+
Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18
Shots fired at IU. Not cool

sent from cooltown
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 04-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

i am pretty sure 120 ways to win means 120 different playbooks.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt965
Shots fired at IU. Not cool

sent from cooltown
Yeah, I hold nothing against those schools I mentioned, it's ust that they're no better than some of the non-AQ schools, but EA rated them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
i am pretty sure 120 ways to win means 120 different playbooks.
I know, I was being punny. I just meant some teams don't stand a chance against other teams.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
i am pretty sure 120 ways to win means 120 teams with different things that make it as "unique" as possible. entrances, team specific player celebrations, and of course play style/playbook among other things.
corrected.

there are actually more than 120 playbooks in the game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Boise State's academics are a joke. They are not even a research university, only offer 9 PhD programs and Forbes (not a fan, but it will give an idea), ranked the university 545th academically. That is probably the biggest reason that they will never get an invite into an AQ conference. And compared to those that are in one, a C+ is generous.

Edit: Accordingly, Academic ratings are about the quality of the university, not graduation rates. I would have given Bama a B personally, but I can't be mad at a B+
Maybe not Bama specifically, but Outside of the AQ conferences, very few schools have B+ or higher academics. (Tulane and Rice are the only ones I can think of). In the AQ Conferences, many schools have B+ or better academics.

Now that I look back, this wasn't a great argument, I was just blowing off steam....

Old 04-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Maybe not Bama specifically, but Outside of the AQ conferences, very few schools have B+ or higher academics. (Tulane and Rice are the only ones I can think of). In the AQ Conferences, many schools have B+ or better academics.

Now that I look back, this wasn't a great argument, I was just blowing off steam....
It is cool man. No worries. But a lot of the academics is that all of the good schools in D-1 ball are in AQ conferences. Notable exceptions being Rice and Tulane as you mentioned. Bit as a frame of reference, look at the schools on this list. I bet that they coincide pretty well with their in game academics score.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...rsities/spp+50

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »