Home

Sell Me On Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Sell Me On Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #17
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sell Me On Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
I think he thought you were being sarcastic, internet fail.
Nah, I love this. I've been pushing for a coaching carousel for ages.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
The whole coaching carousel thing is sort of confusing.

IMO it's not the carousel itself that adds to the game. It's the coach ratings / assistant coaches / different coaching styles / etc. that actually add to the game. Then it becomes relevant who is coaching what school.

Just adding a carousel where coaches move from job to job isn't that great if every coach is exactly the same. It's cool to start off at a small school and work your way up but you can do that already.
Even if they just put it in bare bones without coaching ratings, as long as they have playbooks move with the coach instead of just changing a coach's name and keeping the same playbook, I won't complain. I want someone to take over Georgia Tech and make them a non spread-option team instead of them staying as one for 25 seasons.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Example from College Hoops 2k8.

Northwestern fires their coach and hires a new guy from a smaller program.

Not only does the new coach run a different offense (stack vs princeton) and a different defense (2-3 vs man to man) there's also more subtle differences like press fequency / tempo / bench depth. Also the two coaches recruit different types of players, one focusing on intelligence / skills the other focusing on shooting / defense. The new coach is also better a teaching, defense and a few other things.

You can differentiate between the two coaches by looking at what they in and outside of games. Whereas in a game like NCAA 11 it's a lot harder to. Those differences might actually allow Northwestern to build their program up and win a NC, if not they can just fire thir coach and try again with a new guy who has a different approach.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Even if they just put it in bare bones without coaching ratings, as long as they have playbooks move with the coach instead of just changing a coach's name and keeping the same playbook, I won't complain. I want someone to take over Georgia Tech and make them a non spread-option team instead of them staying as one for 25 seasons.
Only will make a difference if coaches actually recruit players to fit within their system and more importantly if different systems actually work. With how messed up georgia tech's offense is in this game I'm thrilled that broken offense stays there and doesn't move to other schools.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I completely disagree. In order for CC to be worth being added it has to all be there. One with out the other IMO leaves it severely lacking.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think Custom Playbook would go great with CC. I love to start out as a off or Def Coordinator and create a offensive playbook or defense playbook. Then as I advance I sign aoff or def coordinator with a certain playbook. And the ability to recruit to the plays I have.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 13

It would also be nice to see these schools recruiting to their strengths. It really irritates me to see a team like Georgia Tech recruiting 4-star pockets passers...why EA...why?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think Custom Playbook would go great with CC. I love to start out as a off or Def Coordinator and create a offensive playbook or defense playbook. Then as I advance I sign aoff or def coordinator with a certain playbook. And the ability to recruit to the plays I have.
All this talk is getting me really amped for NCAA 12, I will be really disappointed if this is not in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »