Home

Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon9 Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12?

Maybe I need to pay closer attention, but I haven't read one single thing that tells me to buy this game. Have the devs actively come out and said that they will fix the gameplay? Specifically the defense? I check the website every now and then and come away shaking my head.

Take a look at Battlefield 3 for instance. Even though it comes out much later than NCAA, the teaser trailers for it literally give me goosebumps. I am so hyped up about it that I've already pre-ordered it, and I'm not even a "pre-ordering kinda' guy". Why can't NCAA 12 match that with, at the very least, some information? The majority of people don't care about visual enhanced screenshots or 25 new plays. They care about those 25 new plays working correctly.

I just see no reason to buy this game at this point. I know I'll get blasted with "patience is a virtue", but you must admit that you're skeptical to say the least. I fear that it will suffer from the same gameplay issues that NCAA 11 suffers from.

The game is supposed to be "user friendly", and appeal to the casual gamer, yet you have to be elite with the sticks in order to even slow down your opponent's offense. Creativity is no longer necessary since we are unable to get pressure with our front four, forcing us to call the same, typical blitz over and over. The tactics we use in order to get a defensive stop are so cheesy that it took all of the fun out of it [for me].

Anyway, I'm not gonna' go on a major rant. I am just severely disappointed with the amount of information we've been provided thus far. Isn't the release date in a couple months? Usually this is the time where I'm most excited about a release...

$.02
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anyone else not excited about NCAA 12?

They havent said anything about the game yet. You cant determine if you're going to buy it or not right now. Im going to buy it, because Im a college football fanatic and without it I cannot complete my sports game collection and feel complete. Even though we dont get what we want, the game is still enjoyable at times. just be patient. Im sure we will get info this week.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

...but...dreadlocks?

seriously though, you have a good point. it seems they haven't even talked about gameplay, only aesthetic changes. but then again, isn't it the same every year? sometime in April they'll prob announce some new mode that's just a re-hash of the college showdown crap, or "road to heisman", just renamed.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

i will always buy it regardless but we're approaching 3 months until gameday...and nothing major revealed. Hmmmn....
Old 04-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31
i will always buy it regardless but we're approaching 3 months until gameday...and nothing major revealed. Hmmmn....
They've always done this. I'm not going to start the argument again over why this is a good marketing strategy, but it's their strategy, and I agree with it.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I can say that I currently have only been pushed away from buying this game so far. All I'm saying is we should know something about their focus.

So far all I know is that I'm supposed to pay $60 for new lighting and dreads.

I understand not spilling all the beans but a glimpse at the general focus is also nice. If anything atleast recognize the major flaws in your game and that you are aware of them.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

yea, after some thought, EA has done a pretty poor job on keeping people amped about this years game. You cant just come out with a blog on lighting and visuals then just abandon your fans.

Come one now, give us something to work with besides these plays and voting for the irrelevant cover
Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Not so much.
The info doesnt start really rolling until they announce the cover athlete. They do have a poor way of keeping the anticipation up. The plays are alright but I wouldnt of mind another small blog to say We are still here. ALmost everyone knew Mark Ingram would win the cover once they announce the contestants.
I wish they did what Madden did and release a schedule, so you will know when the next blog is coming up so you would have to check everday. But I do expect a blog or at least a photo either this week or next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »