Home

Atmosphere/Broadcast Commentary Idea

This is a discussion on Atmosphere/Broadcast Commentary Idea within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Atmosphere/Broadcast Commentary Idea

If EA wants to have good commentary, then look at and 2k game released since 2k8. APF, College Hoops, NBA, and MLB all have the best commentary and presentation in their sports. When playing MLB 2k11 I love how smooth everything flows and how it really sounds believable.

MLB 2k11 Commentary: Sometimes they stutter, have to clear their throats, yell, get off topic, talk about other games, previous games, yearly stats, monthly stats, series stats, batter vs. pitcher stats, etc. They recognize what goes on in the franchise. If you trade somebody to the Orioles, then play them in 3 weeks, the commentators will talk about the trade once that game comes around. Everything mimics a real commentary crew and how they act.

EA Football Commentary: Monotone, never talk about anything before or after the play, don't talk about trades, recruits, other games around the country, etc. The commentary starts when you snap the ball and ends when he whistle blows. There is nothing else, but dead space. They don't talk about plays before, or games that have happened, are happening, or are going to happen.

If I was apart of 2k's sound crew, I'd be very proud. If I was apart of EA's, I would be embarrassed to call it my work. I'm not hating, just stating pretty much the truth, or what the majority will agree with.

― Plato
Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #18
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Atmosphere/Broadcast Commentary Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If EA wants to have good commentary, then look at and 2k game released since 2k8. APF, College Hoops, NBA, and MLB all have the best commentary and presentation in their sports. When playing MLB 2k11 I love how smooth everything flows and how it really sounds believable.

MLB 2k11 Commentary: Sometimes they stutter, have to clear their throats, yell, get off topic, talk about other games, previous games, yearly stats, monthly stats, series stats, batter vs. pitcher stats, etc. They recognize what goes on in the franchise. If you trade somebody to the Orioles, then play them in 3 weeks, the commentators will talk about the trade once that game comes around. Everything mimics a real commentary crew and how they act.

EA Football Commentary: Monotone, never talk about anything before or after the play, don't talk about trades, recruits, other games around the country, etc. The commentary starts when you snap the ball and ends when he whistle blows. There is nothing else, but dead space. They don't talk about plays before, or games that have happened, are happening, or are going to happen.

If I was apart of 2k's sound crew, I'd be very proud. If I was apart of EA's, I would be embarrassed to call it my work. I'm not hating, just stating pretty much the truth, or what the majority will agree with.

This is a good post. I've always been impressed with 2k's commentaries, in 3rd year with my player and I'm still hearing new things from the announcers. In NCAA if my team reaches a number 1 ranking I want to hear about it, if I just upset a higher ranked team I really want to hear what herbie thought about it. Not the usual "These teams were pritty well mached"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »