Home

Heisman Gripes

This is a discussion on Heisman Gripes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2003, 12:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heisman Gripes

I LOVE NCAA, don't get me wrong, I play it all the time. I play on Heisman because its challenging and that's the level I have the most fun at. My two gripes (maybe more to come) are:

Field goals, kick offs, punts hell even point after are impossible! The meter moves so fast, there is no way to be good at it. You juse have to get lucky and get it in the yellow. I have at kicker with 93 kick accuracy but I miss the extra point so many times now I just always do a FB dive. I think there should be an option for the CPU to kick/punt for you. I could recruit a ****ty kicker or have an allstar, and his performance largely (I know the stats might get a the all star a few more yards) depends on how well I can hit the A button twice. Everytime I kick off, it goes out of bounds, the punt only goes about 15 yards before going out of bounds and the PA always goes wide left/right. And don't even mention field goals! Even from 10-20 yards out they always miss! I miss the All-Pro kick meter! It was PERFECT. Not slow enough to be easy to nail the long field goal, but not quick enough for it to be frustrating. Aargh! I have lost games because of this stupid meter!

2. Catches-I have run patters when the reciever does a quick curl and stops to face the quarter back. The WR has been stopped and has his hands in a catching position for 2+ seconds, and I do a bullet/lob (Not a lot in the air, but I am not trying to throw it THROUGH him either) and no one is within 10 yards of him and it is like he doesn't even try to reel the ball in. The ball just hits his hands and falls down, he doesn't even try to grab it or anything. What the hell? This has cost me critical 3rd and 4th down game situations. I even put the Human catch slider all the way up, to no avail. I often do not complete passes with my 93 Accuracy Marcus Vick to recievers with Catch as high as 95. What's the deal? And other times, I just get totally frustrated and lob it into triple and quadruple coverage and my reciever will jump and catch it with no trouble! What the [censored you naughty boy]?

Other than that, NCAA is a great game and I am playing it to death. Go Hokies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Heisman Gripes

Ya, everyone has their few gripes. Personally, I don't like the kicking meter on heisman also. Now we are going to be told go practice, but it isn't going to make that much of a difference. But I'm in college now so I'll be playing againist human people from now on, so difficulty doesn't matter anymore.

Oh ya, GO HOKIES!

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Old 08-23-2003, 10:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you haven't already, push the accuracy all the way up. Helps me out quite a bit.

Also, use the directional kick on kickoffs. Not necessarily to kick it to a spot, but to keep it in bounds. When I first started on Heisman I routinely stopped the meter way too late. So I started aiming far to the right so when I did screw up, it'd kick more towards the center. If I was dead on, I had a nice corner kick. Early...well, didn't happen much so it wasn't a big deal

Anyway, besides practice the best thing I can say is don't play any other games with timing I've found that playing madden and ncaa at the same time just screws up my kicking game in both.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:44 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

My only gripe with Heisman is the running game for the Human. It, to me, is not very consistent as I can't tell the difference in running against Vanderbilt or Georgia. Sometimes even with slider tweaks the running game becomes easier but the CPU dlinemen still break blocks as soon as you get into the hole.

It pains me so much.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Hell, It is about practice.

I've practically mastered the kicking meter. It does take time but once you figure it out, it's pretty easy.

Catching does tend to be odd at times. I just raise the catch slider to a position I thinkg fits for my receivers. (they can't miss wide open catch, so I fool around with the sliders until they can catch that catch non stop.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Move kicking accuracy all the way up. it slows it up and it helps give you more accurate kicks even it its not in the yellow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »