Home

Will NCAA 12 be physics based or still mo cap?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 12 be physics based or still mo cap? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6
Will NCAA 12 be physics based or still mo cap?

Thanks in advance. I havent bought an NCAA game in about 3 years due to this. Not sure how you can claim to simulate a contact sport without physics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Will NCAA 12 be physics based or still mo cap?

This isn't yet confirmed by EA to be in or not but from what the devs have said over the years NCAA 12 will most definitely not be physics based. They said last year around Backbreaker's release that they are still years away from using pure physics in a football game at EA.
In all honesty though the gameplay has improved a ton over the past 3 years but things like consecutive hit tackles are still not represented correctly.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Thanks in advance. I havent bought an NCAA game in about 3 years due to this. Not sure how you can claim to simulate a contact sport without physics.
NFL 2kx-APF 2k8?

That series was mo-cap animation based, and yet most would agree that those titles qualify as "sims".
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

even with RTP you'll still need some mo cap. RTP won't eliminate mo caps. The physics I would like to see would be ball physics and uniform. those would be easy and good start. when you get into physical interaction body on body is where it gets tricky. Every interaction has to be input and outcomes, then randomized by the physics software to understand what its suppose to do. so if it tackles somebody they fall right or don't slide 10 yards back. they can do it I know they will . its the outcome of it all how will it look.

EA as a company has bought the PHYSX software about three or four years ago. They have slowly incorporating it into their games. As it stands now as far as EA Sports goes Madden and NCAA the only two games not to use the software.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
even with RTP you'll still need some mo cap. RTP won't eliminate mo caps. The physics I would like to see would be ball physics and uniform. those would be easy and good start. when you get into physical interaction body on body is where it gets tricky. Every interaction has to be input and outcomes, then randomized by the physics software to understand what its suppose to do. so if it tackles somebody they fall right or don't slide 10 yards back. they can do it I know they will . its the outcome of it all how will it look.

EA as a company has bought the PHYSX software about three or four years ago. They have slowly incorporating it into their games. As it stands now as far as EA Sports goes Madden and NCAA the only two games not to use the software.
This.

NHL has "Pure Physics Based play" but you see a ton of the same animations because it's still motion capped. It plays better having both, but I doubt there will be a purely physics based game in this console generation, and maybe not even on the next.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If you're asking if EA will switch to a physics-dominated game like Backbreaker, I can confidently predict that they will not go that route this console generation. They'd be abandoning animation tech that they've spent years developing in-house and is used across all of their EA Sports titles.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
If you're asking if EA will switch to a physics-dominated game like Backbreaker, I can confidently predict that they will not go that route this console generation. They'd be abandoning animation tech that they've spent years developing in-house and is used across all of their EA Sports titles.
that game isn't completely physics based it has mo cap too. the only thing in that game that may be completely physics is the ball. the tackles are physics based, but to get that it has to move to rag dog animations that's why they look lifeless when they are down. its Natural Motions complete package that makes it so valuable .

Last edited by Hova57; 04-07-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

They need to fix something with the gameplay. I'm tired of 70 OVR DT's shedding my 80+ G's to tackle my RB when he gets the handoff. Or getting sacked before my QB completes the playaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »